PDA

View Full Version : New to this Forum ~ But Not New To Atkins!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WomanofGod
Fri, Apr-12-02, 13:03
Wanted to say "hello" to everyone here. I'm new to this board, but not to the Atkins way of life. I have been on and off of Atkins for 1 year and plan to stay on this time! I have gone from a size 20 to a size 14 and then started cheating. I am now a size 16 and my goal is to get back into a 11/12. Weight is not the main concern for me, it is about size (even though I do tend to peak at the scale every now and then to see if there is any progress there!) Glad to be here and hope to make many friends to encourage and to be encouraged....May God Continue to Bless You. :angel:

alto
Fri, Apr-12-02, 14:50
Hi, WomanofGod. Welcome :wave:

I think you'll find a lot of us who've been on Atkins, or another LC plan, slipped, and started over. Several times :D I think it gets easier each time; the other times weren't failures, they were just practice (not my line; I stole it from someone else).

You sound as though you know the ropes -- focusing on a size and not a number can be a very good strategy. Go for it!

Good luck to you. Hope you'll post often so we can keep up with your progress!

LittleAnne
Fri, Apr-12-02, 15:27
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You sound as if you have it sussed. Well done on your weight loss so far, you must feel really proud. I hope that the journey for the remainder of those pounds is just as easy. Keep us posted with your progress and with all your experience give support to those new members just starting out for the first time.

Marti66
Fri, Apr-19-02, 21:46
Hi and welcome, W.O.G.!

I checked out your web site and was quite impressed. I wish you weren't so far away or that our church wasn't so small, so that we could have you out. I can think of 3 single women/moms off the top of my head that could really benefit from your ministry. Not to mention all the not so single ones!

Like I mentioned above, it's all about stewardship. We've been given these bodies and I believe we owe it to our creator to take care of them.

I struggled for awhile. Wondering if I should just let it be and be content with the body I have. Then one day I was on the floor looking for something in a cabinet and I noticed that I was having a hard time getting back up. I know God wants me healthy. These extra pounds were beginning to get to me.

Money is also an issue. I've had to keep buying bigger clothes! Enough already!

So we'll keep on pressing on...

WomanofGod
Tue, Apr-23-02, 09:08
Hello Marti!

Thank You for the Compliment, All Glory To God ~ I'm just the messenger!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and be encouraged!

I too at a time in my life was thinking that I was "ok" and one day looked int he mirror and said "who are you?" That was when I had climbed to a size 22. Deception is real!

I was depressed and didn't recognize it.

But that day I determined that I was going to do this for me because I am God's mouthpiece and in encouraging others, I had to encourage myself.

I am currently in a 16 (almost a 14) and I am on my way back to an 11/12. For my height I look best and feel best at a size 11/12. Anything lower I look sickly.

I know that God will use this testimony also to encourage many women that are depressed and using food to fill the void!

God God continue to Bless you in your journey to better health!

Keep Looking Up! :angel:

chalklat
Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:32
I'm really enjoying the forums and all the great info...not sure how to navigate around sometimes...but guess I'll get the hang of it. I appreciate any suggestions...I've lost 20 lbs so far and need to lose about 30 more...I'm just having bouts of weakness & no energy...does anyone know why?