PDA

View Full Version : introducing......mama Mia!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mama Mia!
Thu, Apr-11-02, 15:00
:wave:
Hello to old and new friends!
My name is Mia, i followed a group of locarb friends over to this site. At first look this site is very cool, but man! it is confusing! and don't say it's just me, cause that just isn't true ;)

I started my locarb diet April of 2001.I feel great when i stick to plan, it gives me an extra spring in my step and an overall feeling of better health.The problammo is, i can't stay on the up'n up! No can do.Darn bread and pasta!

I lost a total of 18 pounds,now i'm climbing back up.Summer is around the corner and i would sure like to wear shorts this year!

I'm looking foward to meeting the folks on this board....now if i can find my way out of here i can start mingling.

RoseWaddle
Thu, Apr-11-02, 15:29
Hey mama!! :wave:

SmokiesLil
Thu, Apr-11-02, 15:47
Hiya! :wave:

Its getting easier for me the more I play around here.

~Lil

angelfish
Thu, Apr-11-02, 15:50
Welcome Mia :wave:

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of this site. I think it's great. Great advice, recipes, and helpful people.

Hope to read of your successes.

Angelfish

PammyJo
Thu, Apr-11-02, 18:14
:wave: Hi Maria

alto
Thu, Apr-11-02, 18:18
Hi, Mama Mia! Welcome :wave:

There are a lot of forums, aren't there? I think of it as a big building with lots of conference rooms. When you've poked around, though, and seen what's in each of the forums, I think it will begin to make sense. I doubt anyone visits each of the forums every day, but it's nice to have them when you need them :)

You're almost at goal! You must be doing pretty well in the battle against the evil bread and pasta!

You might want to start a journal (a whole forum for journals, filed alphabetically by your user name, down south aways on the board) to keep track of how you're doing.

Good luck!

imready
Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:05
Welcome to the wonderful LC forum! Congrats on your success thusfar. You'll be wearing shorts in no time!

See you around the forum! :wave:

jobun
Fri, Apr-12-02, 07:51
Hello Mama Mia

I see you found us!
I think we'll get used to the format

talk to ya

LeeCee
Fri, Apr-12-02, 08:21
Simpatico,

Welcome, I am very new myself. I see that you and I are in the same boat . . . . . . . looking to go from 130 to 110. Bread and pasta, too, are my enemies .
Put a bowl of ice cream in front of me and I scoff, but mmmmmmm penne pasta, now, that's temptation.
I think it would be interesting to see how you and I do with this is WOL, so let's keep in touch !
A little about myself, I'm 5"1, 27 years old and live in New Jersey. Looking to lose about 20 lbs. so that I can fit into all my old clothes. Can't afford to buy new ones ! And when you are petite, it is impossible enough to find pants that are short enough in size 3. Forget about trying to find short slacks in a size 7 . . . . . not going to happen.
Anyway, best of luck to you, and hope to see some good progress !
Best Regards,
Lisa