PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

punky
Wed, Apr-10-02, 15:32
Weighting in at 220 what percent should I be reaching for as far as fat and protein and calories go. I am still on introduction
I know I only get 20 grams of carbs so that is no problem. But, I need help on the others.

fiona
Wed, Apr-10-02, 16:28
At this stage all you have to worry about is the carbs. Eat as much as you want so you are not hungry, making sure your carbs are strictly 20g.

You need about 2,200 calories a day but YMMV. Take it one day at a time.

Take care.

Natrushka
Wed, Apr-10-02, 18:13
Generally carbs will comprise 3-5% of total calories, protein 20-25% and fat the rest (70-75%) Don't sweat the details, just aim for the ball park. Try to get in at least 2000 calories, as Fiona mentioned. You will find that you're not hungry after a few days of LC and ketosis kicks in - planning will be essential. Under eating is a more likely cause for stalling when starting out than anything.

Nat