PDA

View Full Version : 2nd try

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wlara
Tue, Apr-09-02, 17:39
:mad: hi everyone i just join and this is my second time on a LC diet the first time i did it i lost about 20lbs. and now my goal is to lose 40 by aug. it is so hard for me to lose on this program doing it a second round i'm here to get some help so please HELP!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

alto
Tue, Apr-09-02, 17:48
Hi, wlara! Welcome! :wave:

Low carb isn't for everyone, and every body is different, but most people do lose weight on Atkins. How fast? That's impossible to tell. Some people will lose 2 or 3 pounds a week regularly, and others will lose in clumps -- nothing for a week or two, then 3 or 4 pounds. There are as many different patterns as there are people.

BUT the important thing is that, on LC, you're losing fat, not muscle. Taking your measurements can be a better measure of how you're doing than the scale, sometimes. There are lots of examples of people who think they haven't lost anything -- the scale doesn't budge -- and then they try on a dress or pair of jeans that should be a size or two to small, and it fits.

Why not give it a real try? Read the book, stick to the rules, do Induction, and see how you do.

Good luck -- I hope you'll let us know how it's going.

LittleAnne
Wed, Apr-10-02, 08:37
Hi Wendy and welcome to this forum.

Well done on your previous weight loss. I hope things go well this time. As you are so young, the weight may be lost easier as you will not have years of yo-yo dieting. However, beware, this is a way of life and so you must think about low carbing as a permanent change to your eating habits, otherwise, if you go back to where you were before then it will all pile back on again.

May I wish you every success.