PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my Atkins Diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LC Diva
Thu, Jul-30-09, 21:06
i started my Atkins diet yesterday. I had eggs, ham, and bacon. Though i felt really guilty and fat because i never consume eggs like i did yesterday. I only eat eggs, fish, ham,some greens and bacon. I have not excercised for one day, and i feel the Induction phase is not going to work for me, because i consume all that fat and don't excercise..how are my going to lose weight..I need to be in my healthy zone again..which is at 140lbs!

Kerstina
Thu, Jul-30-09, 21:17
Don't worry about exercise for the first week. If you want go for a 30minute walk.
Have you read the Atkins Book?
Just follow the guidelines to the letter and trust me you will <b>lose</b> weight!
Stick to <20 net carbs per day and eat freely of the foods on the Allowed lists.
If your worried you wont go into ketosis (where your body stats meatbolizing fats to make energy instead of carbs) then buy some ketostix, just for confirmation!
Stick to it for a week and see how it goes! I guarantee it will work if you stick to the rules.

You can do this!! Dont be worried that you can finally eat YUMMY food AND lose weight, because it really does work!!

Good luck and post any other questions you may have!
I have found this forum to be full of helpful, lovely supportive people, and you will too!

lynys1980
Fri, Jul-31-09, 06:05
I started on Monday. So far, my meals have consisted of, butter, bacon, eggs, cheese, heavy cream, fried beef (with cheese), fried pork chop (in more butter) salad (topped with ranch dressing and cheese) broccoli, cucumber, chicken (with heavy cream and peppers)...

You get the idea. I have lost eight pounds since Monday. Eating fat and protein. :)

Trust me. It works. Well.

JudyW
Fri, Jul-31-09, 06:18
I didn't exercise when I started this WOE last year and lost 20 pounds in 2 months!! Although I wish I had exercised since the beginning because now I have a lotta loose skin to firm up :tears: As Kerstina said -- stick to the rules and the weight will just melt off!! :agree:
I'd say give yourself no less than a month staying true to this WOE and you won't want to go back!!!
Good luck in your journey :) :thup:

Edited to add: I would be careful with the ham tho...ham tends to have added sugars and, thus, extra carbs in it. I try to avoid ham as much as possible.

LC Diva
Fri, Jul-31-09, 14:27
Thanks you guys..It's really warming to know that am not alone in this journey to a healthier me. Okay, i will try all my very best to stick to this diet. So far am in my third day and i haven't lost any weight yet. But for excercise, i try to do chores around the house..i think that can qualify as excercise ;)
And I read that am suppose to have a minimize carb and sugar cravings..but reverse is my case. i crave for bread each morning. I crave for pasta for luch and so on. Help please. And i don't feel nauseous, or weak. I think my body is weird!! And what kind of snack is suitable for Induction phase?

JudyW
Sat, Aug-01-09, 03:09
I ate a lot of pork rinds and sf jello during induction.

RCFletcher
Sat, Aug-01-09, 04:08
If you make sure you eat enough protein and fats at each meal your urge to snack will go away. Cheese or a hard boiled egg or a lump of a low carb salad item like cucumber are what I snack on when on Atkins.