PDA

View Full Version : Second time around...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RainyFly
Wed, Jul-29-09, 14:20
I'm new to this forum, but not to the LC WOE...

In 2004-2005 after the birth of my first baby, I went from 225 to 165 in 6 months doing strict Atkins. I reached a stall and went off plan. I did continue to make it down to 149 using 6WBMO...and maintained until I got pregnant again in November 2006...

After the birth of my second baby, I used 6WBMO again and went from 208 to 148. I reached this weight in July 2008. I only maintained this for a few months because the plan was super low calorie/low fat/low fat and not something I could remain on for life...it was far too restrictive.

A few months later in October 2008, I got pregnant with my third and last baby...again, I gained lots of weight. Immediately after delivering I decided to start LC'ing again. I have PCOS/insulin-resistant, so carbs are NOT my friend anyway. So this is officially my second time around. I'm confident that I can do this and I am looking for a good support system such as this forum. I've lost 7 lbs since last Monday, and am totally committed to reaching my ultimate goal once and for all! I'm trying to focus on the end result instead of how badly I feel about myself right now. I am doing a modified version of Atkins due to the fact that I am currently breastfeeding.

I joined another low carb site and I didn't get much support there. I'm hoping this site is a bit more welcoming. TIA!

StellaBell
Wed, Jul-29-09, 21:03
Hi! Good luck on your 2nd time around.

I am also a mom- I have 3 kids ages 6,5 and 3. I am also re-starting the LC way of life. Not for a huge weight loss, but just because carbs and sugar cause me to feel so bad- physically, mentally they are just NOT my friends.I get headaches and get so bloated and gassey whenever I eat carbs. I have read all the LC books and I KNOW the science behind it and it is just the healthiest way to eat. I also think its great you are breastfeeding, I breastfed all my kids and its so healthy best for baby.
I really believe you can do this! You did it before (twice!!) so you can do it again. I look forward to seeing you around the site.

-Stella

shopjunkie
Thu, Jul-30-09, 10:02
Hi RainyFly!! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is super fantastic!!!

Good luck on your weight loss journey! :D

RainyFly
Thu, Jul-30-09, 14:31
Thanks for your replies, ladies....Hope to see you around :)