PDA

View Full Version : New here to CALP

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Firmdiva
Mon, Apr-08-02, 17:48
:wave:

Hi! I'm Jill and I am in the Seattle area. I'm a newlywed (going on 4 months, got married in Vegas) and the evil stepmonster to an 11 year old. I had been on WW with VERY little success. A friend saw how much I was struggling and emailed me the CALP quiz. I passed (or failed) with flying colors.

She told me about CALP. Today is my first day and I am a little overwhelmed. I see I have quite a bit to read and will probably have major questions!

As far as workouts go. I work out to videos at home. My favorite are the FIRM videos (hence my screen name)

Ok that's my first post so go easy on me :D

lindseyann
Mon, Apr-08-02, 22:22
I tried writing to you earlier today, but my computer froze. I'm new here, too. I am actually starting tomorrow. We live on the same coast, a few hours apart -- I'm from the Portland area. I just wanted to wish you good luck!

Here's to future divas everywhere!

Lindsey

alto
Mon, Apr-08-02, 23:20
Hi, Jill! :wave: Welcome! A big hello from that other Washington :)

What a beautiful photo! What a beautiful smile :) You're probably not all that evil a stepmother, I'll bet.

I've never tried CALP, so I can't give you any more advice than to say -- good that you read the book, it will probably answer most of your questions AND we have a special support forum here for CAD and CALPers so you'll have a built in group of buddies.

I've always been curious about the Firm. Are any of those tapes really really really doable by beginners? I've read so much about them -- everyone who uses them swears by them; real results -- but I doubt my capacity to do them. (I'm old, as well as out of shape -- 53 -- so take that into account in your assessment. :) )

Good luck to you. You may want to start a journal so you'll have a place to write down what you eat and how things are going, and we'll be able to keep up with you :)

wbahn
Tue, Apr-09-02, 00:43
Greetings and welcome aboard, Jill! :wave:

If you have questions, you have come to a great place to ask them. Nothing can replace the book - but this forum is a wonderful source of information to fill in the gaps and clear up confusion - and there's plenty of it around.

I really recommend reading either Atkins or Protein Power Life Plan - those will go into a lot of interesting detail about the why's of low-carbing and will make it easier to find ways to eventually tweak your program to suite your needs.

Cheers!

Firmdiva
Tue, Apr-09-02, 09:12
:wave:
Hi Alto!
I used to live in the OTHER Washington. I moved out here from Alexandria, VA :) The FIRM tapes are doable for beginners, especially the FIRM Basics tapes.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

animaldoc
Tue, Apr-09-02, 11:16
Hope to see you in the CAD/CALP forum! Glad to hear you read the book....just be sure and follow it and you will have great success I'm sure....

Best of luck!

-animaldoc :wave:

animaldoc
Tue, Apr-09-02, 11:16
Be sure and start a journal so we can stop in and see your progress!

-animaldoc :wave:

alto
Tue, Apr-09-02, 12:19
Hi, Jill! :wave: So we're almost neighbors. Or ex-neighbors.

I'll be jealous of you when those August HHH days come 'round.

Thanks for the info on the Firm tapes. I hope you'll start a journal, too :)

Firmdiva
Wed, Apr-10-02, 13:17
Woo hoo! I started a journal!