PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] Male maintenace calories

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LSU_TIGERS
Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:28
I'm going to start the Body Opus in a few days. I've been reading and preppin before I dive in. I am suposed to know my maintenance calorie level. After MANY days of measuring my intake I found that my calorie level is normally WAY less than the avg. 3000kcal for most males. Its like around 2000/day (or less) during the week and 2500-3000 pigging out on the weekend. I'm 23, 180lbs, and moderately active. I usually eat cereal in mornings, salad and sandwich for lunch, and a good sized homecooked meal and drink mainly water. I've found if I were to eat around 3000 a day I would blow up (fat) even if the 3000 cals came from a healthy low fat diet.

Q: For the BO diet I should cut my maintenance by 10-20% which will put my calorie intake way below 2000 kcal. Is this OK? I know very well WHAT to eat (fat and PRO) and what kinds (whey, flax seed oil, etc) but I don't know how many calories I should take in on this diet. DO you have any pointers?

Side question for anyone: How does lettuce and spinach fair on the KETO diet? Will a salad knock ya out of ketosis? :confused:

THANKS everyone and TRAINERDAN!

Sephy
Mon, Apr-08-02, 18:48
Personally, I think 1800-2200 would work for you... this is 10-12x your bodyweight, which is normally accepted for the CKD if I'm not mistaken.

Trainerdan
Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:25
Use this calculator to get the ratios you need for:

(1) the ketogenic phase

and

(2) the supercompensation phase (Carb-up)

http://www.voicenet.com/~petrizzi/fitness/ckdcalc.html