PDA

View Full Version : Hey all! Here I come

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fuze
Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:22
:wave:
Just started Induction 2-Day!
My wife and I are both starting today and have cleared out the cupboards, so to speak, of all carbs. I am currently undergoing rehabilitation from a knee surgery and I need to lose weight pretty fast. I think I'm on the right track.

GL to us and all of you!!!

alto
Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:45
Hi, fuze! Welcome! :wave:

Cleaning out those cupboards is a very smart move! I see you've read Atkins -- another very smart move. You're off to a great start.

You'll find a lot of support here -- I hope you'll check in often and tell us how you're doing. Your wife is welcome as well, of course :)

Good luck!

wbahn
Mon, Apr-08-02, 16:46
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

As Alto said, it sounds like you are off to a good start.

Don't be surprised if the next few days are pretty rough - that's normal and it is very, very temporary and once you get through it in a few days to a couple of weeks you will probably feel better than you have in years.

Keep the Faith!

LittleAnne
Tue, Apr-09-02, 02:13
Hi Fuze

Let me also welcome you and your wife to this forum and the low carb way of life.

Sorry to hear about the knee problems. Certainly you will loose weight well using Atkins method and hopefully soon the stresses and strains on that part of your body will be less.

Clearing the cupboards out sounds weird, but it is certainly the way to go and to remove possible temptation from easy reach.

This site will be a great source of advice, information and support for both of you, so visit it often, ask questions and contribute to others threads.

Good luck to you both.

fuze
Tue, Apr-09-02, 21:17
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! This is the end of my second day and so far I'm doing pretty good. The only problem I've encountered so far is this: I sometimes get bad headaches and nothing in the world seems to help except for Excedrine which has caffine. So you see my dilema. I tried Tylonol first thing in the morning (1500 mgs) and it didn't help my headache. So I figured that I'd rather be pain-free than caffine-free and I took the Excedrine and the headache disappeared. I wonder if I could be addicted to the stuff? I do not drink alot of soda or coffee so I doubt it.

What do you think?

fuze