PDA

View Full Version : Going back to LC, hope to lose 75 lbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nominefili
Sat, Jul-25-09, 18:57
Hi everyone!

My story is a pretty common one I think. I was pretty fit in high school, played sports and dated, and was a pretty happy kid. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, and I would go up or down 5 lbs here and there but it was no big deal. Then I went to college, started drinking way too much, my friends got me to play a lot of video games like World of Warcraft (which I don't care what anyone tells you, that game is a drug and should be avoided at ALL COSTS), and so the story goes. I was living off of fast food and delivery, and that combined with copious alcohol consumption and a sedentary lifestyle easily explains my ballooning weight.

When I left for college, I was a fairly trim and toned 5' 10" 170ish lbs. When I left college, I was 5'10" 300ish lbs. Needless to say I was unhappy.

Now I'm in grad school and I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. So I decided to go to the one diet I know works (I've done atkins before with good success) and actually stick to it. So far I'm through about the first week of induction, I felt HORRIBLE for a couple days but I think the combination of not drinking and flushing all the excess insulin out of my blood has done wonders for me. Today I woke up feeling better than I have in a long time, and I actually wanted to work out! I did some walking, jump-rope (I used to box) and then went to the gym for some lifting.

I can't believe how much better I feel. It's so counterintuitive that even though I've eaten maybe only 1200 calories or so today, I'm less hungry and have more energy than I did when I was drinking sodas and driving through fast food joints two or three times a day. It's pretty incredible.

I was talking to my friend and he asked me how much I wanted to lose, I told him 75 lbs and he looked at me and said "you know those big 5-gallon water jugs they have at the office? Those only weigh 40lbs. You're carrying around two of those all day long that you don't need. Imagine how great you'll feel when you don't have that weight on you anymore! And then I made up my mind that I'm going to stick to atkins and work out for my own good. Not for anyone else, for me.

Well anyway, that's my story, and I have been reading through your forums for a few days for advice and figured it was time to register. Hopefully I can find the support I need and perhaps help others who want to free themselves from the pain and humiliation of obesity. Thanks for reading, and let me know if there's any way I can help! :)

RCFletcher
Sun, Jul-26-09, 03:57
Good luck with the lifestyle change. This is a great board with lots of fiendly people. Start a journal so that other people can visit you. You are welcome to visit mine at any time. I also put on weigth at Uni. It is easily done!
Robert

tiredangel
Sun, Jul-26-09, 05:52
Awww, welcome. I'm glad you recovered from your initial few days. LC is a great lifestyle, the best way to eat once you get used to it! Good luck!