PDA

View Full Version : New...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Misskatie
Wed, Jul-15-09, 12:51
Hi my name is Katie and I am a 23 year old mother of two!! I started Atkins on Monday! This isn't the first time I have done this diet but it is the first time I am going to stick with it ;) I did different versions of LC diets as a teenager but I never stuck with anything very long. I was typically cheating before the first days were over, but this time is very very different! I have had two kids back to back and not cared what I was eating and it pushed me up to 383.8 I felt very very dissapointed with myself. I have a lot on my plate and I know that it isn't going to be easy but I know I can do it. I work full time, go to school, have two small children and do workstudy as well. So my life is definitely busy but if I want to have a life to live I will stick with it! My first few days were very very hard but I am already down 7.2lbs and I feel better. I haven't cut caffeine out completely but I switched from drinking frappacinos and espresso milkshakes to drinking a couple cups of black coffee a day and I will cut it out within a few weeks :D I will probably be staying on induction for a few extra weeks to get a head start. I am not even tempted to cheat at all and that is such a difference for me I hope I am not overconfident!

Katie Mae

DTris
Wed, Jul-15-09, 13:50
Good luck and just keep with it!

shopjunkie
Wed, Jul-15-09, 13:58
Hi Katie Mae :wave:

Welcome to the forum! Good luck on this journey, and remember there's tons of support here whenever you need it! :D