PDA

View Full Version : SB Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lesliep7
Tue, Jul-14-09, 11:15
:wave: Hello all. I am new to SB but definately not new to dieting. I am a lifetime member of WW (since 1975) and between Atkins and WW have lost about 50 lbs in the last 5 years or so. Lately I find that WW is not working for me as well as it was and I need to shake things up a little as my weight has crept up (17 lbs). I did very well on Atkins but am concerned about going back to that because of the high fat content and all the counting (I'm sick of counting!). Started SB last week and lost 6.5 in the first week which is awesome!

I have some additional challenges in that because of some medical issues I am supposed to strictly limit all dairy products and grains. I love grains but find that I can eliminate them without too much difficulty on most days. Dairy is another matter however since cheese, yogurt and FF fudgicles are favorite snack foods. Suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

I am very excited about all the support that I see that is available on this forum.

addict1000
Wed, Jul-15-09, 17:39
Welcome!

South Beach sound like just the ticket for you! Look around in the recipes section for ideas for substitues for dairy. Maybe coconut oil? A lot of people use that...

Best wishes :)

dblewis196
Thu, Jul-16-09, 09:00
A very warm welcome to you! So glad you have joined us. It is a very active group so come on over to the SB section and start reading and jump in where you wish. Look forward to getting to know you!

Judynyc
Thu, Jul-16-09, 09:08
Welcome! :wave:

Good job on your first week! :thup:
As for the no dairy thing, yes, you can do it without it. There are many things to eat as snacks that are not dairy.
Leftovers, HB eggs, hummus with veggies, small amount of protein with a veggie is also a good snack, soups as in split pea as part of your beans/lentils for the day. Celery with peanut butter. :yum:

Come to the SB section and join us there. :agree: