PDA

View Full Version : 5 pounds in one week

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lkmiller26
Mon, Apr-08-02, 08:39
Hi my name is Latosha and I read about the low carb diet while surfing the net. I came across the Atkins Diet April 1, 2002 and started it the next day which is April 2. So far, I have lost 5 pounds and 1 week. It seems to be working. What I like about it is i'm not starving and I love it.

alto
Mon, Apr-08-02, 08:45
Hi, Latosha! Welcome! :wave:

You're off to a terrific start. Five pounds in the first week is a great motivator. The rate of loss doesn't keep on at that pace, though, so don't be discouraged when you "only" lose a pound or two!!

Have you read the book, as well as what you learned on the net? It's a good idea to do so -- it answers a lot of questions you may not even know you have, and tells you what to do after Induction. For this to really work for permanent weight loss, it has to be a lifestyle change.

I hope you keep posting so we can keep track of your progress and watch you melt :)