PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I'm fatter than I thought!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Piggybum
Mon, Jul-06-09, 14:13
Christ on a bike, I stood on the scales this morning and was 13 stone 7 and I just checked now and I'm 13 stone 12!

I am on day 1 but unknowingly ate some nuts. They weren't high carb ones though which is why I thought I could munch them. Now they are hidden so I won't make the same mistake.

I am moving back to London in September - what are the chances, if I keep walking for half an hour a day and eating the induction way, that by September I could have lost two stone?

I have recently signed my first publishing deal with Penguin and my deadline is 1st September for my book so I spent most of my time sitting on my fat arse writing as I have to have 100k words completed by then.

I feel so hideous, I'm having a real confidence crisis and for those who may have read my previous post, no wonder that guy called me fat! Hey he's really traumatised me! Emotional torture up the side of a mountain in Italy, honest it was like Misery except my ankles were intact.

My reason is I fee HEAVY and huge and flabby and I have been kidding myself for WAAAAAAY to long here....

When will it end? Will I ever be a normal confident wear nice clothes that dont billow out over the belly fashion? Will I ever be the girl a man approaches and I dont automatically think he's taking the piss??

Does anyone else feel so wretchedly out of control with their shape sometimes?????

Sorry...one of those nights I think :-(

space
Mon, Jul-06-09, 18:06
Of COURSE its a very sobering thing to finally wake up and think "how could I let it get this far out of control"...ouch. I would venture a guess that just about everyone on these boards has felt that, me included!

The GOOD news is, that usually is the feeling that will propel you to do something about it in a serious and sustained manner, which essentially is the first step to success.

Take this feeling of horror and use it to your advantage by employing it as a motivator. I know its easier said than done, but I bet you anything that in 2 weeks of sticking to your chosen plan you will feel A LOT better.

It's the first day of your journey to the right place. Embrace the opportunity!

JAnn
Mon, Jul-06-09, 19:42
Welcom aboard. :wave:

I have recently signed my first publishing deal with Penguin and my deadline is 1st September for my book so I spent most of my time sitting on my fat arse writing as I have to have 100k words completed by then. Congratulations on your book deal. I tried NANOWRIMO twice and only produced about 3000 words.

My reason is I fee HEAVY and huge and flabby and I have been kidding myself for WAAAAAAY to long here....Once you get into induction for about a week you will start to FEEL lighter as the bloat should be gone.

Citruskiss
Mon, Jul-06-09, 21:42
Welcome, and just wanted to say that walking and induction works very, very well.

No second-guessing, just go ahead and get started. It's going to work!

Citruskiss
Mon, Jul-06-09, 21:43
And by the way - I couldn't help but notice your username :lol:

Piggybum
Tue, Jul-07-09, 04:15
Hi guys!! Yeah my username is the bomb! My ex boyfriend called me Piggybum and Sausagegut. Then he left me. Hmm...you know it's weird, I've always excused my weight, oh I'm not that big, my ass doesn't take up two seats on an aeroplane, I don't need a forklift truck to get out of bed...most women are size 16, why should I conform? Nice boobs. Nice ass. Don't worry. But actually I don't think I will ever get over sitting on the side on a deckchair at this guys palatial home being told that I was unnattractive until alcohol was brought into the equastion, that my body shape is unattractive that he thought he could go past my weight but he couldnt and so that was that, go home, you shouldn't have come out here...taken a huge risk it didn't pay off...don't make meeeeeee feel guilty for not liking bigger women. Argh I hate him! Anyway I appear to have hurt my knee from my running yesterday. F**k it, I will feel the burn! This morning I have had scrambled eggs in butter with three cherry tomatos, some Feta cheese blocks and a spring onion. It was DELICIOUS! Can I really eat this many eggs (between 2 - 5) per day, butter and cream (all moderation) and lose weight? I feel like I am eating too much????

Thanks guys, oh yeah and my book deal, it's insane really. I am signing with a USA publisher at the end of the year, so next year, you can buy my book and say hey, i knew her on a low carb forum!!! But now you know all my weaknesses, explotation central!! Hope you all are having a great time and are feeling good about yourselves. WEIGHT SHMEIGHT!! XX

missginger
Tue, Jul-07-09, 08:24
Hi Piggybum! Wow, that man who insulted you sounds like an evil idiot. I like to think I'd have given him a piece of my mind but I probably would've just skulked away with tears in my eyes. Oooh he sounds horrible, I bet he wasn't physical perfection himself!

I only started Atkins last week and after my first weigh in today found I'd lost 6.8 lb so keep at it and you will see results. I think a little cheating is ok; i ate some nuts this week, and some strawberries and cream but just made sure I was following the plan for the rest of the time.

I just checked my book (Atkins Cookbook, which has a summary of the plan) and it says you can eat eggs "liberally" so I think 3 a day is fine, I've certainly had that many a couple of times this week. Cheese is also allowed liberally.

Cream is ok, but it says to limit yourself to 3 tablespoons a day.

I think it's a matter of finding a balance between what you are meant to eat and yet not making the diet so hard you won't stick to it (hee hee listen to me; sounding like an expert and I've only been doing it a week!). For example; I love Diet Coke, I drink 2 or 3 litres a day every day. All of the low carb info says to stay away from it because of the nasty sweeteners and because caffeine can stall weight loss. Well I cannot imagine my life without Diet Coke, sad but true! So I haven't given it up and it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

I've also had a couple of low carb chocolate bars which aren't meant to be eaten in the first few weeks but hey, it's got to be better than the real thing.

By the way, if you find there are any low carb things in the US you love like sweets, sauces, crispbreads, any kind of mixes, cereal bars, things like that then try to bring some back with you. They cost a fortune over here because none of the shops stock them and I have to get it all online. Well, Boots do a few Atkins bars and Boots and Thorntons do a range of Diabetic foods that are low in net carbs (biscuits, sweets, etc) but that's it.

I feel just like you; really angry and disappointed that I let myself get like this. I know what you mean about those tops; I always think I look pregnant in them. Just waiting for someone to ask when it's due! And the man thing, yes! If a good-looking man talks to me in a pub I always have to look around for the friends he's having a bet with! Still, I shouldn't really wory about that because I have a boyfriend but everyone likes to feel attractive, don't they...

So you are not alone; we all feel rubbish sometimes but we're all rooting for each other. We'll get there.

Good luck!

missginger
Tue, Jul-07-09, 08:33
Hey, ignore what I said about when you move back to London. I assumed you menat from America but I just saw on another post that you live in the UK anyway! Sorry if that confused you a bit!!!

Piggybum
Wed, Jul-08-09, 05:12
Hey MissGinger!

Thanks for the email, honestly, I feel like utter shit. And I couldnt go because I stupidly met a dipshit guy (whos more of a dipshit, me or him?) on the Guardian' Soulmates thing aaargggh how sad honestly, I shouldnt have to do that but as Im stuck here in the countryside on my own writing this novel, I just got carried away with the romance of it all and before you knew it, I was on a plane to Italy. He was lovely, well, normal the first 2 days then his mum came home from the USA and he changed and said I had an unattractive body shape...oh yada he said worse but fuck it, honestly, fuck it. Sorry for the swearing. Im pretending to my friends that I am not bothered but I am heartbroken on the inside that someone could be so cruel to me. I've had a terrible time of it last quarter and first quarter of this year and I thought finally, I was due some happiness but NO not for me it seems! Well I want to change, so that I can feel confident, and just as good as everyone else and also, I want to be slim at my book launch and the media stuff I will be doing to promote my book, I WANT to look and feel good!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the mega moan. Need to go pee now...all this water.....

missginger
Wed, Jul-08-09, 13:50
Well I think you're perfectly entitled to a mega moan! I can't say I know how you feel because although I've received more of my fair share of fat jokes, I've never had that level of personal attack. It sounds trite but you're so much better off without him. If he's the sort of guy who can be so cruel and shallow (and a complete mummy's boy by the sound of it) then sod him! Not that that helps your current state of heartache but it's worth saying nonetheless.

Maybe when your book comes out you can send him a signed copy and slip in a photo of yourself at the launch looking all slim and glammed up. Make him realise what he missed out on by being a complete arsehole.

I'm sure you're due some happiness soon; just focus on your novel and the launch; that's something most people can only ever dream of. What an amazing achievement!

This is all reminding me a bit of Jemima J by Jane Green. Have you read it? It's about an overweight woman who has an internet romance and sends the guy a picture of her head on a thin body. When he invites her over she has to lose some serious weight. It's so great and really captured what it's like to be a fat bird! Not quite the same as what you're going through but I think you'd like it...

Take care x

Piggybum
Wed, Jul-08-09, 13:56
Ahhh hello, Jane Green has an almost identicle style to me and we both share the same publisher - Penguin! I love her books, I haven't read Jemima J but now I will go buy it! My 2nd novel idea that I sent today was similar to net dating type stuff...don't tell me anymore about Jemima J, I'll read it myself!

I just had extreme belly cramps and um, the runs. I read through some other posts and it seems as though I may be getting Atkins flu?!! Cripes!

I just ate half a mozzarella ball and a Mattesons zero crab sausage and it's settled my belly believe it or not!!

So, how much weight do you want to lose honey? I wanna lose 2 stone by end of Sept.

Is your boyfriend supportive??

xxx