PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone! I'm new here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

courtcople
Sun, Jul-05-09, 09:07
Hi everyone, I'm new here and really need a lot of support! I am a stay at home mom to a 4 and 6 year old and have had ups and downs with my weight ever since 1999. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and have a hard time controlling my weight unless I do a very low carb diet. This however, is very hard for me since I have a horrible sweet tooth. At my heaviest, I was 210 lbs. After I had my second child, I became obsessed with my weight and through strict diet and excercise reached my goal weight of 120. About two summers ago I started eatting things I shouldn't be eatting and continued this until now and am back up to 190. Anyone who is familiar with Polycystic ovaries knows that weight gain is very rapid and is very hard to lose. I really need the support of many friends to help me stay on my diet and hope that I can find that here!

Kirsteen
Mon, Jul-06-09, 03:49
Hi there, welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of support here, and people who're in a similar position to yourself. There's a group called the Turtle Club, for slow losers.. and there are many people who struggle with a sweet tooth who'll hopefully give you ideas to help you stay on track. If you've low-carbed before, then you must be aware of the fact that over time, the yearning for sweet things tends to lessen... There are some people who advocate going "cold turkey", and cutting out everything sweet, including low-carb sweeteners, so your palate will change. I personally allow myself tiny amounts of desserts, etc. on high days and holidays - being ultra strict about portions (which will range from a teaspoonful to a sliver)- so I don't feel deprived, but I have completely stopped eating anything sickly sweet. It's easy for me, though, because I don't have a sweet tooth.. I generally avoid chocolate completely, however, because once I start I can't stop. :)

Good luck with getting your weight back to where you had it before. Hopefully, this recent regain will enable you to prepare yourself for a stricter maintenance in future. Personally, I find it easier to stay on a diet when I'm feeling fat. :)

LindsaeNY
Mon, Jul-06-09, 22:16
I have struggled with my weight all my life and on June 20, 2009, I SAID ENOUGH!! My best friends wedding is in 105 days and I need to do something QUICK. I have been on Atkins for 2 weeks and have lost 9 pounds, but feel I have struggled to do so. I dont have any friends that are currently dieting, so I guess I am on here looking for some support. HELP :help:

dblewis196
Tue, Jul-07-09, 10:09
Welcome and glad to have you!