PDA

View Full Version : Back on the wagon...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lunarfla
Fri, Jul-03-09, 16:50
Hi everybody. :wave: I've been down this Low Carb path successfully in the past. I was able to maintain my weight down for quite some time. I got pregnant I ate like there was no tomorrow. My daughter is 5 now and after a few failed attempts at weight watchers, and some diet pills, I am back where I started.

I decided to bite the bullet and dive into Atkins again. I was a little hesitant because I remember hearing from many people that you never loose as much the second time around as the first time. But for me it is the ONLY way to cut the cravings, and eat and feel satisfied. I started Induction 3 weeks ago - and I was 220. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 205!!! Holy Crap!!!

I will keep on going and I need all the support I can get. I feel great and I am SUPER motivated. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!!

missginger
Fri, Jul-03-09, 18:58
Hiya, I've just started up again too! Same story as you really -gone up and down over the years but really hoping I can crack it this time.

I also heard somewhere that Atkins doesn't work so well 2nd time around but I'm taking some comfort from your amazing loss! 15 pounds in 3 weeks is so great, welll done!

I only started a few days ago and I'm only going to weigh myself once a week so hopefully I can share some of your success!

TilaBC
Fri, Jul-03-09, 19:01
Good luck ! I too am restarting after having a couple kids. It's the only way I have ever been able to lose weight. I am only 10 lbs higher than I was when I stopped LC back in 2006 when I first got preggo, but after 2 c sections and a major hernia operation I am way bigger. I can't wait to lose my gut again. LC is the only way to do that IMO !

Taknbyd
Fri, Jul-03-09, 22:28
Welcome back on atkins :) I am back on for the second time as well!! Did seem a little harder the second time around but I did manage to stick to it and am almost at goal!! keep us updated :)