PDA

View Full Version : Second time around

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sdsunluvit
Mon, Jun-29-09, 19:41
Hi, I can't say I'm new to low carb. I did Atkins in 1998 and I kept it off for five years. I slowly gave into my old eating habits and gained it all back and then some. Lucky for me there are a lot of resources (forums & recipes) not the case in 1998. Working in the health field I learn not to say the A (Atkins) word nor low-carb word or be bombarded with negative feedback or weird looks. When I did meet a low carb foe, we fanatically asked each other for other foods or recipes that we could share. Not much to exchange in 1998. Yet we could testify there was results both weight and lab values that were a plus. I even met an ex-vegetarian now low carb :wave: , what a shock.
Well is only been over 2 weeks and I'm looking forward to that feeling when my step starts to feel so much lighter. I miss that feeling. Thanks for being here!

addict1000
Wed, Jul-01-09, 07:53
Welcome!

There are many of us here working on making low carb a lifestyle that is permanent!

Best wishes :wave:

joesfolks
Wed, Jul-01-09, 09:17
I think we all understand about the "not saying anything" part. I know before I got educated on the subject I warned friends about the dangers of lc. How very much I regret it now. Wishing you success.

corsair915
Thu, Jul-02-09, 14:41
As an MD who is a low carb advocate, believe me, I know how you feel about its acceptance in the health care field. So, when you need advice or just have to "vent" about it, this is the place to visit. Glad to have you join us!

sdsunluvit
Fri, Jul-03-09, 23:55
Thank you so much! Tomorrow will be challenging. Family reunion as well as the fourth of July. Have a great weekend. Thanks so much for being here!!

corsair915
Sun, Jul-05-09, 19:00
Sdsunluvit:

How did you make out over the holiday weekend? July 4th is usually one of the easiest holidays for low carb eating because there is usually an emphasis on grilling. It's a great way to gain confidence when you make it through a big event. And if it didn't go well, just get right back on track the next day. Hope you're hanging in there.

sdsunluvit
Tue, Jul-28-09, 04:42
Well the reunion went great. No one thinks your on a diet if your eating a lot of meat. LOL. I kind of hit a stall,my Keto sticks turn light purple but not much coming off the scale. It seems I have to stay strictly on induction diet to keep it purple.
On the down side, I just came back from camping out at a concert for the weekend I was good most of the time. It was just hard when your running around and fair food where ever you go. Now I'm off to Korea in 4 days. According to my daughter the main staple there is meat and vegetables, humm sounds low carb to me. When she goes shopping in Korea she has a hard time looking for her clothes size, she is only 125 lbs and 5 foot and the locals tell her she is too big! Its going to be interesting vacation. Once again thank you so much for being here. Will give you updates when I get back!