PDA

View Full Version : New and determined

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quenito
Fri, Jun-26-09, 20:37
Hi, I am trying this out with hopes that it will work.

kevsmama
Fri, Jun-26-09, 21:08
Welcome to the group! Just remember that this isn't a diet it is a way of eating! Make sure to drink lots of water and to eat plenty of fats. I know it sounds strange to eat fats but it helps you feel full and satisified for a long time!

quenito
Sat, Jun-27-09, 19:05
Thanks I will work at it.

sdsunluvit
Sat, Jun-27-09, 23:53
Hi, I can't say I'm new to low carb. I did Atkins in 1998 and I kept it off for five years. I slowly gave into my old eating habits and gained it all back and then some. Lucky for me there are a lot of resources (forums & recipes) not the case in 1998. Working in the health field I learn not to say the A (Atkins) word nor low-carb word for I was bombarded with negative feedback or weird looks. When I did meet a low carb foe, fanatically asked each other for other foods or recipes that we could share. Not much exchange we could give at that time. Yet we could testify there was results both weight and lab values that were a plus. I even met a vegetarian, what a shock.
Well is only been over 2 weeks and I'm looking forward to that feeling when my step starts to feel so much lighter. I miss that feeling. Thanks for being here! :wave: