PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

menew
Wed, Jun-24-09, 16:53
Just thought I'd say hi. I'm a renewed low-carber. I lost about 30 pounds 10 years ago on Protein Power. I kept it off for about 2 years until I got pregnant with my daughter and then again with my son. I have tried to return to low carbing over the years but it's been tough. It seems that this time I'm more motivated and determined though I confess that the weight is not coming off as fast as it did the first time. I guess that's what happens when you hit 40 ;) Anyway, looking forward to being a part of the board

corsair915
Wed, Jun-24-09, 17:51
Hi, Menew! You've got a buddy! I also have returned to Protein Power after a lay-off. It looks like you've already lost more than 5 pounds. That's great!

As another of the over-40 mom set, I also thought I didn't respond as quickly this time, but I stuck with it, and after the first month I've seen a lot of progress. It's an excellent plan. This forum is really great, and it's helped a lot, too. Keep us posted on your success!

menew
Thu, Jun-25-09, 10:48
Thanks! I confess that I've already had one weekend of poor food choices. I was on vacation and dependent on others for meals. I did the best I could given what was available but learned that I have to always have my own options.