PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mamakim
Mon, Jun-22-09, 08:45
Hi all!
I am new to this forum, but an old pro at the LC lifestyle. I have use atkins to lose weight several times in the past with fantastic results...but here I am again!

I just had my 2nd child 3 weeks ago...a beautiful little boy :D I was doing ok with my weight gain throughout my pregnancy until I went into preterm labor at 34 weeks and was then restricted from any additional activity. At 37 weeks, I was placed on bedrest. During that time I gained a LOT of weight (couldn't even say how much, but I am guessing about 20 pounds). Fortunately, baby held on and was delivered via c-section 3 weeks later. Unfortunately for me...I now have a saggy belly and a lot of extra chunk to lose.

I am an elementary special education teacher. I work exclusively with children who have autism on a very severe level. My job keeps me very active during the school year! But, I definitely need to get in better shape before August. There are lots of occasions where I need to be able to run after students or restrain them to keep them from hurting themselves or others.

I just started doing LC again today. My big goal is to lose 50 pounds by Christmas. But, I would really like to lose 20 before school starts up in just under 8 weeks. Hopefully 2-3 pounds per week is reasonable for my body.

I am looking forward to sharing my story and learning from everyone!
Kim

dblewis196
Mon, Jun-22-09, 09:39
Good to have you here! Welcome and good luck!

foxylady33
Mon, Jun-22-09, 12:06
Congrats on having the baby and welcome to the group!

Foxy

Marchstart
Mon, Jun-22-09, 12:26
Congrats! on the new addition :baby: ...welcome and good luck!! I admire you for working with children with Autism it is a difficult but rewarding job I am sure......:)
20 lbs seems like a good goal...heck I seen many posts of people loosing 20 in the first month.... :wave: