PDA

View Full Version : Heya...25 lbs down...30 more to go

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dallas1310
Sun, Jun-21-09, 12:10
Hey folks

I'm 32, male.

Started at 276 lbs...right now hovering around 251 and I would like to get to 200 to 210'ish. Thats a comfy weight for me as I carry size well until I go overboard anyway. :lol:

Here is how I am doing it.

I work out about 4 times a week...
Mixture of weight lifting and cardio (love my long bike rides)

My diet is basically Optimum Whey protein in the am (very very low carb)
Lunch meat / burgers / salads for lunch
chicken/steak and green beans for dinner

deviled eggs and shrimp for snacks.

Loads of water and tea.

Consistent healthy sleep.

and most importantly...dedication and focus.

I have only been nasty over weight for 5 years as my tires were spinning in life and I had a heavy diet of fast food and beer. Sadly such weight gain gave me stretch marks but daily exfoliating (sp?) followed by vit e lotion and cocoa lotion is helping.

So I feel loads better and I am starting to gain my physical confidence back. Without question the worst part of exercise and diet change is the first month. You work work work with no results yet..Glad thats fairly far behind me now.

Good luck y'all!

xjennjennx
Sun, Jun-21-09, 12:16
Welcome and good luck! :wave:

Dallas1310
Sun, Jun-21-09, 12:27
preciate ya pal.

Oh and good luck with the smoking...I am 6 years poison free.

Dallas1310
Sun, Jun-21-09, 12:41
Oh I forgot to add I am a huge believer in doing diet lifestyle changes drug free. Otherwise you just have another mental crutch to get over. Why add more?

DaddioM
Sun, Jun-21-09, 19:57
Welcome Dallas.. and great job on your progress so far!!

dblewis196
Mon, Jun-22-09, 08:03
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your loss thus far and best of luck to you going forward.