PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shortbread
Fri, Jun-19-09, 03:55
Hi there,

Just thought I would say hello to all! Ive been low carbing since March, when I was diagnosed T2 diabetic. I have lost about 35 pounds and want to/need to get rid of another 50 pounds, but have just become really stuck. I was eating around about 50G of carbs per day and it was working.

I got fed up of boring vegetable as replacement for bread, rice potatoes, pasta. So I have let my carb intake creep up, I'm not gaining, so that's good, but I want to kick start my weight loss and try to get shot of these extra 50 or so pounds.

My blood sugars are doing okay, not as good as before, but that's because I have gone back to the dark side and eat some sugary naughties......I would really appreciate any advice and support to help me on my way to a slimmer, healthier little old me!

Look forward to chatting to you all xx :help:

foxylady33
Fri, Jun-19-09, 04:12
Hi :wave: and welcome! I can say that I am guilty of doing the "carb creep" every now and then, but I know you can do this! Just think of how good you feel when you do clean eating! I am right there with you, if you need someone to talk to. I have about 50lbs that I want to lose too, but my goal is only 160lbs. If you want to chat, you know where to find me! Good luck!

Foxy

MsSunshyne
Fri, Jun-19-09, 06:15
Hey Shortbread! Welcome!!!