PDA

View Full Version : Fighting to get back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kathy727
Sun, Apr-07-02, 10:28
Hi all. I started low-carbing December 5th and did very well for 3 months. I started at 360 pounds and dropped 30 pounds in 3 months. I also felt so much better!! Then at the beginning of March quite a few changes happened in my life and I allowed myself a few days of cheating..... now, a month later I'm still not able to get back on track. Well, enough's enough! One of the things I was doing during the 3 months was reading through various support forums..... never joined one until now but I received a lot of encouragement from them.

So.... just announcing I'm here..... getting back to the right way of eating. I'm hoping to not only get support from this forum but also to give back to others as much as I can.

Thanks!

:wave:

alto
Sun, Apr-07-02, 10:38
Hi, Kathy! Welcome :wave:

Congratulations for making the decision to get back on track -- not to mention the 30 pounds off. Good for you.

You will find a lot of support here. You may want to start a journal -- it's good to keep track of what you're eating and what works (and what doesn't!), and it lets us see how you're doing.

You're among friends :) Good luck, and best wishes for success this go-round.

JoonieJoon
Thu, Apr-11-02, 16:48
I can relate, I was on Atkins almost 2 yrs ago and didn't think of it as permanent, once I cheated I just went with it and 'poof' I couldn't get back. I don't know what came over me, I guess just time can encourage a person to regain strength to jump back on the wagon and I love living the Atkins way of life. I still had binge over the weekend but I had no problem going straight back into the low carb eating. I don't recommend cheating that's for sure but the nice thing is, the diet isn't totally trashed if you do and you can always get right back to it!

Congrats on the 30 lbs that is really amazing! It really must feel so much better to have shed that weight, just imagine what you will feel like after you lose that much again!

Best of luck and feel free to post to my journal whenever!

Jen

imready
Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:12
Welcome Kathy! :wave:

This is the place to be for support and encouragement. It's important to think of this as a way of life, not a diet. I don't expect to ever "go off" this program.

Just remember how good you felt when you started the LC in December.

We're all here for you, so keep stopping by! :roll:

LittleAnne
Fri, Apr-12-02, 02:26
Welcome Kathy

I'm glad you took the plunge to join this forum. I am sure that you will find it a good source of motivation, information, advise and support. I certainly have.

Congratulations on your earlier weight loss and now that you have decided to get back on the wagon may the pounds begin to drop off again.

As others have said this is a permanent life style change, and I'm loving it. Why not keep a journal so that you have a record of your progress and others can stop by and support you. You might want to join Fitday.com (http://) as this is a simple way of keeping track of your cabs, cals, etc.