PDA

View Full Version : New to Low Carb Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sbaran215
Tue, Jun-16-09, 12:32
I hope that this forum will help me with my weight loss journey. I have been on a yo-yo way of life for most of my life. Now, I want to make low-carb a WOE for the rest of my life. I am 55 and next year around this time I am going to retire. I can bearly do the simple every day stuff, but I want to do so much when I retire! I really need to lose my weight so I can do things without always being tired and hurting.

Marchstart
Tue, Jun-16-09, 12:44
Welcome :wave: ...this is an amazing site..you will find Oodles of info in here to keep you motivated and loose weight.

Good luck ....You can do this... :)

JAnn
Tue, Jun-16-09, 14:17
Welcome to your new way of life. :wave: It's good your thinking ahead because there is life after 55--I know, I'm 62. I love the way LC makes me feel and the weight I'm losing.

I know my weight doesn't show much of a loss but I gained 40 from medical problems which is now being addressed. I am now working at getting fit enough to do the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll Marathon in Phoenix next January. While I make not actually get that far I do plan on doing a 5k walk/run in the fall and then hopefully a 7k. I'm not getting older--I'm just getting better (with a few aches and pains along the way!) :lol:

sbaran215
Wed, Jun-17-09, 05:10
Thanks MarchStart and JAnn. Not only am I new to this WOE but I really have never been in a forum. I am learning how to move around in this site. I want to start a journal but I am a little daunted by the whole thing. JAnn you are an inspiration. I did a 5k walk about 15 years ago when I was thinner (150) and I really felt empowered.

Lady Iris
Wed, Jun-17-09, 06:41
I'm a newbie too, but it's nice to meet you! I wish you all the luck in the world.

sbaran215
Wed, Jun-17-09, 10:56
Hi, Lady Iris, I wish you luck also!

JudyW
Wed, Jun-17-09, 11:26
Hi :wave: and welcome to the forum and this wonderful WOL!!!
Good luck in your wl journey -- you won't believe how much better you'll feel!!!

sbaran215
Wed, Jun-17-09, 12:27
Wow! JudyW great success! Thanks for welcoming me. I know I have a long road ahead. I am trying read eveything and anything about LC.

MsSunshyne
Fri, Jun-19-09, 06:38
Welcome Sbaran!