PDA

View Full Version : Decided to Join

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bossanova
Tue, Jun-09-09, 11:47
:wave: Hello everyone! I have been watching these boards for a few weeks. I am convinced that LC WOE is the way to go after reading "Good Calories/Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes.

I am 55 yrs old and have not been able to control my weight since menopause. LC is the only thing that works for me and it is still slow going. It is interesting how people look at you when you remove carbs from your diet, if they knew how bad they are for you, they would do so too. I am teaching my teenagers the dangers of over carbing, but right now they can eat anything and not gain weight. I am in my second week of Atkins Induction and I am amazed at my lack of appetite, lowered fatigue, and abilility to lose weight! The thing I miss the most is my glass of vino each evening!!

These boards are just what I need to keep me going, especially when you are surrounded by carb addicts. Thanks for all the encouragement, tips and success stories you provide to all of us!

kimmie67
Tue, Jun-09-09, 12:07
Good luck to you on your journey. Don't give up no matter what. I am here for support if you need me.

Bossanova
Wed, Jun-10-09, 07:53
Kimmie67, thanks so much, I noticed you are in MD, what part? I am in Alexandria. Your stats are fantastic, I could use your support!!!

4beans4me
Wed, Jun-10-09, 07:55
Welcome, and best of luck! :wave:

PilotGal
Wed, Jun-10-09, 08:01
The thing I miss the most is my glass of vino each evening!! i hear you loud and clear! :lol: :lol:
it gets easier with time..
welcome and good luck. :wave:

xjennjennx
Wed, Jun-10-09, 09:49
Welcome and good luck! :wave:

I too am surrounded by carb addicts so I feel your pain, I'm hoping one day to convert everyone in my house :lol:

kimmie67
Wed, Jun-10-09, 12:45
I am in Cambridge, MD in good ole' Dorchester County. I've lived here all my life and can't imagine being anywhere else (unless it's some tropical island :lol: ). I have an almost 18 year old daughter who is a major carb addict (McD's for her at every meal if possible, oh and Dairy Queen for a Blizzard later :lol: ). My boyfriend is pretty good about watching the carbs but he can also eat anything he wants and never gain an ounce (darn him!!).

I've been at this a while so if you don't see the weight drop off as fast as you want, don't get discouraged. I still cave to the occasional Little Debbie Coma :lol: . If you fall off the wagon, just dust yourself off and get back to it. Big hugs and good luck.

MsMelissa
Wed, Jun-10-09, 13:00
Welcome, best of luck.
I am new but this seems to be the best group of supportive people. :wave:

Bossanova
Wed, Jun-10-09, 19:00
Hello to all of you...feels great to be here!!!