PDA

View Full Version : Joel (enturio) from NYC!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

enturio
Fri, Jun-05-09, 23:35
Hello. Joel here, from NYC.
i am 30 years old (31 in August) and have been battling weight issues all my life. i am 6'0 feet tall, and was 340 lbs. at my peak, i am now down to 326lbs and will get down to about 210 (large frame).
i have read virtually every diet book, website, etc. on food and diet and exercise out there and have tried low carb diets before (among others) but failed to stay with them. however, each time i learned something new: patience, body set points, the value of routine, etc.
but one of the biggest reasons i failed to lose the weight before is because i did it by myself. i was alone, without being accountable to anyone but myself... so i am here now in this community and i hope to be helped (and to be of help!) i've been lurking now and then for awhile now and find the stories and determination of people here very inspiring!
Hello everyone! :wave:
Joel

Kirsteen
Sat, Jun-06-09, 05:35
Hi Joel,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the weight loss you've achieved to date. This forum has been such a help to me - I've learned so much, had lots of support, advice, really benefited from the abundance of resources (e.g. MY PLAN and the challenges / journal sections of the forum). My participation has made the diet a very positive and enjoyable experience. One of our members does lots of videos on Youtube, and he says on some of those about how having a group of online friends really helped with his motivation. Here are links to three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlGXWR6k_JA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4kbnYpNO4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBPp3NT4IE

Very best if luck with this new effort - let's hope that your membership here will make all the difference this time and enable you to move slowly and surely towards your goal.

enturio
Sat, Jun-06-09, 13:44
Thank you Kirsteen, for the warm welcome and the youtube videos! i'm going to look at them now. i agree that participation in a community helps with retention and focus on your long term goals!

Judynyc
Sat, Jun-06-09, 17:01
Hello. Joel here, from NYC.
i am 30 years old (31 in August) and have been battling weight issues all my life. i am 6'0 feet tall, and was 340 lbs. at my peak, i am now down to 326lbs and will get down to about 210 (large frame).
i have read virtually every diet book, website, etc. on food and diet and exercise out there and have tried low carb diets before (among others) but failed to stay with them. however, each time i learned something new: patience, body set points, the value of routine, etc.
but one of the biggest reasons i failed to lose the weight before is because i did it by myself. i was alone, without being accountable to anyone but myself... so i am here now in this community and i hope to be helped (and to be of help!) i've been lurking now and then for awhile now and find the stories and determination of people here very inspiring!
Hello everyone! :wave:
Joel
Welcome Joel!! :wave:
Yes, you are learning from each of your attempts....we can't learn when we don't try and make a few mistakes along the way. :idea:
So...start a journal here and get comfy...cuz its quite a ride!! :agree:

I used my journal daily to log all the food I had eaten...it kept me on plan and I did it every single day for 20 months!! :agree:
What will you use yours for?

enturio
Sat, Jun-06-09, 21:54
Hi Judy,
I actually haven't given much thought to a journal. i use sparkpeople to record my food intake and i suppose that i could cut and paste to a journal to keep myself motivated by showing what i've eaten in a public format... also i'll monitor emotiaonla things: cravings, boredom, low energy, etc. and see how that affects my eating habits. actually, the more i think about it, a journal would be good!

camcyd
Sat, Jun-06-09, 22:16
Welcome Joel! Congrats on your weightloss!

Kirsteen
Sun, Jun-07-09, 04:25
Hi Joel,

I hope you enjoyed the videos.

I'm like Judy, and use my journal to record everything from food to mood. It has been really helpful, along with MY PLAN. Another thing that helped me was finding a few weight-loss buddies in one the Challenge threads. I'm not given to introspection at all, but when I hit stumbling blocks in my motivation etc., they cared enough to ask a few simple questions, and I found that when I answered their questions, I was able to identify the root of the problem and find possible solutions. I also found a couple of slow losers whose journals I could read to give me a role model when my weight-loss was slow or stalled.

enturio
Tue, Jun-09-09, 15:00
Starting my journal today! :thup: :D

Judynyc
Tue, Jun-09-09, 15:07
Starting my journal today! :thup: :D
Yayyy!! :wiggle: ;)

enturio
Tue, Jun-09-09, 15:20
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=7830242#post7830242