PDA

View Full Version : Hello from CA

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jasca
Mon, Jun-01-09, 04:13
Hi everyone! I started the Atkins diet with my fiance, exactly a week ago. We both have been longing to eat better and lose weight. He had success with Atkins back in college (lost 40 pounds), so I'm hoping it'll work out for me too. So far, I've lost almost 5 pounds in a week on the induction phase, so it's looking good!

I keep having cravings for things I can't exactly eat right now (most namely bread), but this forum has given me a lot of help when it comes to varying my diet. Also, it's inspiring to see some of the success stories here. I just feel very positive about this whole diet, and I know this forum is part of the reason.

Anywho, I'm not sure if I'll post too much, but I will at the very least be a constant "lurker". Just wanted to introduce myself a bit!

CharliG1
Mon, Jun-01-09, 10:19
Hi Lasca!!

Congrats on the wedding:) You must be excited! I think it is so awesome your fiance is doing this with you**
Thsi board is alot of help and pointers. Also the book. I read this weekend until about Chapter 13 and still learned more that I missed before.
I am from California too.
I have 3 kids under 6 and a husband that hates me eating this way. But I am doing this for me. I am uncomfortable and I know this works. I can feel and see it.

Best wishes and God Bless*