PDA

View Full Version : Belly fat! Help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bips77
Thu, May-28-09, 16:08
Hi everyone,
new to these forums-I was just wondering if anyone at all could shed some light on my quandry.
Up until 9 months ago I was always a good 10 pounds over what I knew I should be but could never ever seem to shift it, I felt like I was wearing a nicely padded fat coat, particularly around my tummy area. Since I reduced my carbs right down I've lost the those ten pounds and assumed the belly fat too would shift when I began reducing my carbs. This is the crux of my problem-my total body size has definately slimmed down (a dress size) but in proportion to what my body is now, my belly is as fat, squelchy and accordian-like as ever!
Should I just accept that if I lost weight to the extent of looking like a tooth pick-I will just always have a jelly belly OR am I continuing to loose weight but because I have less weight to lose it is happening really really REALLY subtly?
I really feel my body has just decided that that's all the weight it's shedding thank you very much. It feels like more than just a plateau, like my body is saying 'sorry you're never going to be properly lean, that's not your genetic make-up'. Is there anyone out there that felt like this but continued low carbing and eventually saw the results. Is this something that takes a much longer time? Years as opposed to months? There has been no big change in my diet, I'm a fairly physically active person, no extra carbs have trickled in anywhere....anyone?
Thanks so much,
B

CharliG1
Thu, May-28-09, 16:21
HI Bips77,

I didn't want to read your post and not reply:)
I have no words of wisdom.
Do not give up.. if you want more go for more.
Do you exersice?
Maybe adding an ab video will do the trick?

bips77
Thu, May-28-09, 16:35
Thanks CharliG1,
the abs are ok, it's the flab over them that's causing the problem! I do exercise, I'm also a teacher so I spend a reasonable part of my day zooming around the place.
I'm interested in different views from people-some people say 'look thats your genes, you can only take it so far' but I'm sure others say if you continue you'll get there eventually.
Tks for the response!