PDA

View Full Version : Not a newbie but here I go

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CharliG1
Wed, May-27-09, 16:47
well I am definetly not new. I do have the book, I know the rules, I know my faults, i see I am fat but what is my problem?

**Weakness**

why should I be different. why do I expect it to come off without effort?
I pray I have reached my limit...my scale boke so I have no clue what I weigh..
So today, I had eggs for breakfast and coffee with sugar free creamer. Lunch is a Chicken breast salad with blue cheese and a big cup of water.

I am 32 years old and a mom of 3, 6, 5 and aoon to be 2!
married for 11 years. I also live in CValifornia where sumer is all about shorts and tank top.
for all that have seen me post before. I apologize for being a flake and not sticking to the plan. I really do not wantto be fat anymore....

bkalm
Sun, May-31-09, 19:10
You are not a flake! We all fall off the wagon, at least you are getting back on for another ride! ;) Good luck this go around. Hope to see you more around the board! You can do this! Be strong, and be consistent and stay away from those trigger foods.

CharliG1
Mon, Jun-01-09, 10:11
**Thank you so much:)**
Feeling better about yourself is always worth the ride:)

bkalm
Mon, Jun-01-09, 13:33
**Thank you so much:)**
Feeling better about yourself is always worth the ride:)

You got that right! I'm with you on that one! I routing for you!

CharliG1
Mon, Jun-01-09, 16:21
BKLAM!! I had to look at your profile. MY gosH... you LOOK Amazing. You must be glowing! You are sure a pretty woman:)

Can I ask when did you start and how much you have lost?

I am a mama of 3 (6, 5 and soon to be 2 years)
I an 32 years old and married 10 years. I am about 5'8 and honestly need to buy a battery for teh scale but I know I am atleast 210.

Today I had an omeltte with cheese and water (
no coffee (i have had coffee everyday for about 1 year)
Lunch to beef hamberger patties wrapped in lettuce. and LOts of water.
Dinner ribs with no sauce for me and broccli and cauliflower.
The family will have mashed or baked potatoes.

Samantha22
Mon, Jun-01-09, 16:24
Just thought I'd stop and say goodluck.
Sometimes it takes a second, or third time around :)

Just remember how you feel...right now...and tell yourself "I don't want to be at this weight anymore"..every time you put something to your lips.

Take pictures, start a journal.
You're in a great place...this forum is wonderful!
Goodluck and welcome back :)

CharliG1
Tue, Jun-02-09, 10:02
Holy Moly Samantha 22 L~~K at YOU!!
My gosh that is amazing!
Thank you for the wishes. Your right, you get to teh point when you just feel and see bulges and rolls and it is attached to you.
To be honest with you. Today is the first morning I feel great!
I haven't had coffee in 3 days (i know i can but water is best).Yesterday I tried to do a video tape but my kids joined it was actually kinda funny to see my 3 kids doing Tae boe! My 21 months daughter was on her head! Then the phone rang.. then dinner but I did at least 30 min.
I plan on being more active now with summer coming an dno more school for the other 2 kids, means no more homework. Walking to the park, swimming and stuff.
Thanks for showing me it can be done.. you just have to want it:)
Best wishes and God Bless*

mainecyn
Tue, Jun-02-09, 19:53
Don't beat yourself up. This is my second time around. After falling off the wagon the first time I gained back alot of lbs. and it took a dozen attempts to get on induction and not cheat. You can do it!

CharliG1
Wed, Jun-03-09, 10:04
Maincyn,

You really lost 50lbs!!!!!!! :):) Awesome!
I know about gaining! After having 3 children all under 6, my body changed. I found myself to be a human garbage disposal.. eating after them, not wasting. Over cooking. That is bad!
I honestly feel a difference.

LunaWillow
Sun, Jun-07-09, 13:14
CharliG1,

Here you are giving me wonderful advise and I see you are beating yourself up. Please don't be your own worse enemy by calling yourself weak. You are the furthest thing from weak, and most certainly, you aren't expecting the pounds to vanish without effort.

You're here, with the rest of us, who for one reason or another, simply have to try harder than others managing our weight. We have to work at it and while that may not seem fair, let's rejoice that we have the ability to step up to that challenge.

Now, about that alleged "weakness." Weakness is giving up, you have not. Weakness is not trying, you have not. Weakness is accepting less than satisfying life, you have not.

When it comes down to it - what's the worse you can say? That sometimes, it's harder than others? Work is just that - work! It's no wonder that you may get tired, or bored or want a break.

For whatever reason - you feel you got off track. I understand and live with the same frustration. I know that we both have the drive to keep trying - for as long as it takes. A year is going to go by - one way or the other - we both have the ability to make sure that in this upcoming year, we continue to improve ourselves - day by day - one step at a time!

Now, give yourself a hug and remind yourself you are on the right path. :-)

Luna

CharliG1
Mon, Jun-08-09, 11:23
AHHHHHHHHHHH THANKS LUNA!

Best Wishes and God Bless*

mom2s
Mon, Jun-08-09, 12:11
I'm with you CharlieG1. Just started today and feel really motevated! I decided to come to the forum for support and inspiration!

Here we go..........

corsair915
Mon, Jun-08-09, 14:58
You definitely don't need to apologize for anything! The past is behind us, and it is there so that we can learn from it, not live in it. I wish I had discovered this forum years ago - the advice and support is fantastic. If you don't feel strong on a given day, that's OK. Come here, write to all of us, lean on all of us, vent to all of us. That's what it's all about. Together we are strong, and we will find not only our inspiration but our success as we share this journey.

CharliG1
Mon, Jun-08-09, 17:19
Thanks Guys.........Mom2s.. this forum is what keeps me on track.. I can honeslty say if I would have gone complete back to old habits i would be passed 250lbs!

Corsair.. trust me I love to write and see what is going on..and what peopel are eating.

I had two people on Sunday tell me.
"You lost the baby weight" and "What are you doing you look great!"
wow was I blown away!
You are right, we can do this.. so much to eat and taste!