PDA

View Full Version : Hi, My name is Amber and I'm a Carbo-holic

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

finding_me
Mon, May-25-09, 10:35
Hi everyone! My name is Amber and I'm 21 years old. I've been overweight my *entire* life; I've never been "normal". I was diagnosed with PCOS basically when I had first come into puberty and was never properly explained what it is until recently. I got married in August, and I knew I had a real problem when I realized that I'm not even comfortable with my body with my own husband and when we seriously started talking about having a baby. I'm currently so overweight that I'm infertile. I knew something had to change. I remember my mom being on Atkins a long time ago, and I was following along as much as I knew how (I was kinda young). I do remember seeing the great results she was getting and I remembered the food wasn't too bad, either. :)
I started researching PCOS and low carb diets and was introduced to the Carbohydrate Addicts diet. I was fascinated! I ordered all the books and it sounded just like me! I stuck with that for about a week, and just started thinking...that diet still allowed for plenty of carbs. What would happen if I were to try a more strict diet? SO here I am, trying to follow Atkins. I haven't actually read the book yet (Shame on me! I just haven't been able to go pick it up yet), but I have been researching the rules of induction and am sticking to them to the best of my knowledge.
So here I am now. I need to be in control of not just my eating, but my life for the first time ever. I'm desperate.
Wow! Sorry for writing a novel! I guess you guys pretty much know my life story now! lol :wave:

Natkins
Mon, May-25-09, 11:27
Welcome aboard and best of luck with your journey!

And yeah, the food is pretty great!!

pdxcutie
Mon, May-25-09, 12:16
Welcome to the board. I would suggest getting a journal so you can track your progress. GL!
Pdxcutie

christy33
Mon, May-25-09, 12:19
WELCOME :wave:

will_lose
Mon, May-25-09, 12:36
Welcome Amber! Just remember that the first week is the hardest. If you can stick with it through that time, it gets so much easier. I'd also recommend starting a journal here. It really helps. Best of luck to you!

Zabrinnna
Tue, May-26-09, 23:34
Welcome Aboard, Amber

Low Carbing is the best way to go to increase fertility. Also it should help with some of the symptoms of PCOS, fatigue, facial hair, mood swings etc. I know it has helped me. Let us know when you get a journal so we can chart your progress.

Keep in Touch

-Z