PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dino
Fri, Apr-05-02, 19:37
Hi there everyone.

I'm new here. I haven't really started any dedicated diet as of yet. I figured I'd lurk around and get some really good tips. I'm a 30 yrs old female from Canada. I'm into weight training, and I find that I have increased my protein but I didn't properly decrease my carbs, so I gained some weight. Now I have the goal to lose it again. I train hard with weights 5 days of the week, and I'm also an avid volleyball player. Which means beach season is around the corner. :eek:

So I just wanted to say hi. I'm trying to figure out how to get my carbs down, yet still get the nourishment I need. :confused:

Hope to chat with you all soon! :wave:

dino

wbahn
Fri, Apr-05-02, 22:35
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

One of the first things you need to do is start the education process. Check out the link to the right on, "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" Then pick one and get that book and start reading and asking questions here.

Good luck!

alto
Fri, Apr-05-02, 23:41
Hi, dino. Welcome! If you're into weight training, you might want to check out the exercise forum. There's a lot of good info there. Also, you can see who's doing a program similar to yours and look at their journals for ideas. The only weights I lift are paperweights (and then reluctantly) so I can't answer your questions, but there are a lot of people into weights here and I'm sure they will.

Natrushka has posted some information in the Body for Life forum about proteins and carbs that might be helpful -- good luck!

dino
Sat, Apr-06-02, 13:21
Thanks, I'll do just that... :wave: