PDA

View Full Version : New to the board, but not the lifestyle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JClishe
Tue, May-19-09, 19:52
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I first went on Atkins in 2001 and lost 40 pounds in about 3 months (from 252 to 212. I'm 6'4"). I had tried several diets previously and nothing worked. I was completely shocked at how easy the weight came off with Atkins.

Over the next 2 years I gained 20 pounds back, and then I went back on Atkins in 2003 and again lost 40 pounds in 3 months, this time bottoming out at 192. I kept that weight off for awhile, but I slowly started snacking on more and more sugar, and by the end of 2008 I had gained everything back and was back to 252.

So in December I went on Atkins a third time, and again I lost 40 pounds in 3 months and then kept going. I made it to 205 for a total drop of 47 pounds and I've been holding steady there for about a month.

I'm also an on again, off again runner and in mid-February I started training for my first half marathon, which was 2 weeks ago and I finished. I'm now training for the Chicago marathon in October. I'm basically into the Atkins lifetime maintenance phase, with some additional selective carbs such as a bowl of oatmeal in the morning and lots of apples and bananas, to support my running.

Anyway, that's me. I've trolled this board for many years but just wanted to pop in to say hi.

Jason

Nginear1
Thu, May-21-09, 09:05
Hi, I know what you mean by "on again, off again"! The sugar IS sneaky, that's for sure; I'm 3 lbs HEAVIER than my original starting weight. Do you run intervals at all? I plan on doing them this summer, once my feet are toughened up adequately. How much time do you spend cooking each week? That was the toughest thing for me. Take care, I won't be back here for a few months.

JClishe
Fri, May-22-09, 07:00
Yes, I do run intervals. My typical running schedule is long-steady run on Sunday, short-fast run on Tuesday, medium-steady on Wednesday, intervals or hills on Thursday.

I hardly spend any time cooking, besides breakfast. I usually eat out for lunch and my wife makes dinner.