PDA

View Full Version : peanut Butter cookies.......

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

l_knierim
Fri, Apr-05-02, 18:48
Hello all,

I got this from the food network andI made it the LC way. I will warn you that the only problem I had was that they are really brittle, it is from the splenda. I made them the reg way and they where still brittle but not as bad. Here is how they are made.
----------------------------------------------
1 c peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1 c splenda
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
-----------------------------------------------

In med bowl with electric mixer, mix the Peanut butter and splenda together until mixed well. In small bowl beat the egg lightly. mix the egg into the peanut butter mix with the baking soda.

oven is set at 350
roll the dough into 1" balls and place them on a cookie sheet placed 1" apart. then with a fork press the balls down. Cook for 8-10 min. let cool on cookie sheet for 2 min then remove. Remember they will be brittle and break, but if you crave peanut butter cookie I can deal with them breaking.

If anyone comes up with a another way to make them let me know. Thanks and enjoy. Lynn :wave:

LowCarbKel
Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:18
This is sooo quick and easy :thup:

Pre-heat over ~ 350 degrees

3/4 cup natural chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup Equal
1/8 cup brown sugar twin
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 - 2 tblsp whole wheat flour (optional, texture is better when included)
2 tblsp ground almond

1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup heavy cream

Mix together all ingredients well.
Spoon equal parts onto buttered cookie sheet (press with fork marks if desired).

Bake ~ 350 for exactly 10 minutes.
Remove and let cool.

Makes 12-15 cookies depending on size.

I absolutely LOVE them and make them about once a week. It's my low carb treat to enjoy with my tea at the end of the day :p

IslandGirl
Thu, Apr-11-02, 00:08
Goodness, no carb counts on these recipes??

DWRolfe
Thu, Apr-11-02, 08:48
Me toooooooo!

What about the stats??? Any idea??

Also, aren't we avoiding Equal?

Thanks!

Donald :daze:

l_knierim
Thu, Apr-11-02, 16:09
Sorry everyone I forgot to post the counts. Well my mom put the ingredents into Fitday and this what they came up with.She had to use sugar twin for the sweetner they do not have splenda listed. I use the splenda.
per cookie( I think), based on 24 cookies
fat-5.67
carbs-8.29
fiber-.62
protein-2.96
cal-90.36
I hope this is right seems high. I thought about making it with a diffrent kind of nut butter, just have not got around to it yet.
Lynn ;)

jjb2000
Thu, Dec-08-05, 12:16
LowCarbKel:
I made your recipe and it was wonderful--great texture--moist and cakey. Not at all dry or crumbly. Thanks alot. I used liquid splenda instead of equal, Hood Carb Countdown milk for the cream and 1 Tbsp of Carbalose for the flour. I also added one Tblsp melted butter. Made 26 cookies--1 carb per cookie. Wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.

kevinpa
Thu, Dec-08-05, 13:06
ok, here is my question. When you make a recipe like this and you suspect it turns out dry from the sugar substitution with splenda is there a way to compensate. I'm never sure in what situation where say using erythritol or polydextrose would make a difference by adding or using them. :q:

kevinpa
Sat, Dec-10-05, 21:49
Ok here was my stab..... Warning!! My family devoured all 12 in 5 minutes.

3/4 cup Skippy(carb options) chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup Granular Erythritol
3 packets splenda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tblsp Wheat Protein Isolate
2 tblsp almond flour

1 660 mg omega-3 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup heavy cream

I saved a teaspoon of the Granular Erythritol to sprinkle atop finished cookies.

I swear if somebody didn't tell you otherwise you'd swear it was grandmas old fashion PB cookies:)

12 cookies (I did not count Granular Erythritol)
2.2 carbs
140 calories
13 fat
5 protein

kevinpa
Sat, Dec-10-05, 23:18
Glucose update.

prior to eating cookies my blood glucose was 94.

3 cookies and a couple hours later, my blood glucose is 98.

This is the main reason I do not count Granular Erythritol.

angel47
Sun, Jan-22-06, 20:27
can we have wheat flour ??

kevinpa
Sun, Jan-22-06, 20:34
can we have wheat flour ??

if your talking about Wheat Protein Isolate, then the answer is yes.....it is very low carb......1 g carb per ounce.