PDA

View Full Version : hi from canada

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

phatty
Tue, Apr-28-09, 07:57
hello from the nation's capital. well, as of yesterday i'm back to low-carb, after a year or so long hiatus of falling off the wagon and neglecting my active lifestyle.
i feel really uncomfortable, and can barely look at myself in the mirror, let alone stand on a scale (150lbs is a hopeful ballpark, tho i wouldn't be surprised if i were more; underneath the PHAT somewhere i have decent muscle tone, and supposedly that can pack on more lbs?)
i've always been quite fit, have customarily followed a low-carb foodplan (more so as a lifestyle choice rather than as a 'diet'), and am comfortable at the 125-130lb mark, so right now i feel gross and quite fatigued.
i hit the big 4-0 last august and it's no joke that things change! not only have i gained weight, but some achiness and creakiness has crept in - gulp - though i am hoping that i can attribute that, at least in part, to poorer eating habits and more sedentary habits.
i also have mild PCOS (and along with that possible issues with insulin resistance) so i usually eat low-carb just to keep that in check. from personal experience, not only does low-carb peel off the lbs quite quickly, it just makes me feel better emotionally (well, maybe when i get over this #$%*&~# day2 hump, and i'm not tired and crabby and dying for a baguette smeared with nutella lol).
anyhow, i'd like to at least be able to fit into my summer clothes :/ at the moment i can barely get anything up over my hips and it's just plain depressing.
well i hope to get to know some of you soon! it would be great to connect with others in the same boat - or in the same area!

MommaPenny
Fri, May-01-09, 10:29
I'm from Canada too! good luck with the low carb diet! It can be tough in the begining...but you can push through it! I've been doing my own low carb diet for 3 mos now, and am down 15 lbs :) Good luck!

Bru88
Fri, May-01-09, 15:02
Welcome to the forums, best of luck...Bru :wave: