PDA

View Full Version : hi looking for some support 2nd time lc

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

belinda207
Thu, Apr-16-09, 16:37
hello i am trying this for like the 5th time. i am an emotional eater so it's hard i eat when i'm bored happy sad. i lost 25 lbs recently not in a way that i'd like to admit but, it is kreeping back up. i am sucessful on the southbeach but can't find the motivation to stick. i'll be 35 in a couple weeks and i'm freakin out!!!! help is there anyone out there?

Kisal
Thu, Apr-16-09, 18:00
Welcome, Belinda! It's nice to have you here! :)

Cavendish
Fri, Apr-17-09, 08:17
Hi Belinda--

We're here for you if you need us!

I understand exactly how you feel, and am an emotional eater as well. I started low carbing when I was 32, right about your weight, too and lost 30 pounds and it came right off--it was so easy--then I got married and moved around the world a bit and had to deal with just way too much stress, and now I am back and trying a seriously different approach. I am following a sort of south-beach-ish plan right now and am finally having some success. Stop by my journal if you need to rant, I'm a good listener. --Sara

BJCon40
Fri, Apr-17-09, 09:18
Hi Belinda,

I can relate as well. I've done it all and I always have success but I get bored and scared. What will I look like when I am done? Can I keep it off? Sometimes that is the thing we fear most--it creeping back on and in front of everyone we know. Some how I found the resolve last week to just give myself a long lecture. What is a few months of strict LC eating to enjoy the reward in the end? Think about what time of the year it will be in 3 to 4 months? August. What special events will you go to during those times? What event will you be going to around the middle of August? I just keep a calendar and try to imagine each event and what weight I should be at that event and how I will feel in my clothes and around the people that know me. That is what is doing it for me this time. After you have hit your goal you can plan for the indulgences. Not just fall into them. Start LCing before the event and plan to have some of the items you haven't been able to. If the weight creeps up a pound or two you will have time to get it down before the next event. I have a large family and there are 15 to 17 events a years that I attend--birthdays, holidays thanksgiving and christmas, all spread throughout the year. This year I won't partake, because I have a goal to get to. I will go and be involved but it won't be about the food, just the fellowship. I tell myself that next year I can certainly partake but will have to plan ahead and stay on top of it after. Who knows by then it may not be something that even interests me.

DO this--go to the store and try on clothes, a swimsuit would certainly do it. I am an emotional eater and would have come home and eaten typically due to the disugst. This time I came home and found this website. I set up my plan, I set up my calendar of events I read success stories and looked at pictures. I planned my meals (I have a husband and 3 boys) it ain't no easy thing:-) BUT I want it. Do you want it bad enough to say no to yourself. Just tell yourself to wait. The stuff you love isn't going anywhere it is simply taking a back seat for a while so you can get down to the you tucked inside. Stick to it for 2 weeks and you will see the sugar that used to talk to you stops and you can finally here the real you in there begging to come out. You can do this. Take a before picture, look at it every time you feel weak and like you are going to cave and remind yourself that there can be an after picture that is so worth it! I have lost 8 .5 pounds in 8 days I know the scale will slow down but I have given myself the freedom to get to the finish line at whatever time it is my body gets there. We are here to help!

belinda207
Thu, Apr-23-09, 16:03
thanks so much guys. BJcon i guess i'm just waiting to be ready. My birthday is tomorrow and i am waiting for one last hurah. i have to be strong this time i have to stop messing around and do it i am weak and have no disipline but, i want to wear a g-string on the boat this summer! i'll start april27th and i want to know how to do the ticker,

BJCon40
Fri, Apr-24-09, 06:57
Hey Belinda,

Here is the link for the ticker--they're fun and they help propel you! http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

or just tickerfactory.com Enjoy your birthday!

gem52372
Fri, Apr-24-09, 07:23
Welcome Belinda....its great to have you here!!!
You can do this and you will!!
Great support system here and lots of advice!!

belinda207
Sun, Apr-26-09, 13:20
ok girls here goes! tomorrow is the day and i can't wait i have eaten myself suck. My whole b-day cake is gone..i had help i'm on sugar and caqrb overload..wish me luck!
wKhyHJ0/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wKhyHJ0/counter.png
[/url]

BJCon40
Thu, Apr-30-09, 14:18
OK Belinda, you should be over the headache stage and going through the "can I do it this time stage" How are you doing? I am losing 2.2 pounds a week right now. That is the bummer but by Thanksgiving I should be down 79 pounds. So the 2.2's seem slow but when you look at it cumulative is looks GREAT! You can do this. Use the My P.L.A.N.--it helps me ALOT!! Keep us updated! :wave:

belinda207
Thu, Apr-30-09, 17:49
hey bj i'm doing ok i guess i have lost 5 lbs since monday. but i have had bad headaches and i can't stay away friom the almond clusters. they are organic with 6 gm of sugar made with honey . they are out of the house now my bf ate them so i can focus...by next week i should have a hold on things.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wPTrprP/counter.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/counter/wPTrprP/)

BJCon40
Thu, Apr-30-09, 20:39
5 pounds is great. I remember the sugar headaches--not fun. But it does pass! Keep it up--you have a lot less to lose than I do but it doesn't make it any easier! Everyday you choose to eat right will make that reward so wonderful at the end!