PDA

View Full Version : My way out of metabolic resistance

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

centaurea
Thu, Apr-09-09, 11:36
Hi there, new Roanoker (VA) here giving it a go. It might seem impossible, but I've watched on fitday, it's true - I can eat several hundred (not thousand) calories a day, even lowish carb, exercise till I'm sore, and not lose anything. Stymied me to no end and has actually kept me from LCing thinking that I'd "get over the hump" because SURELY it was impossible to keep staying the same (and I love fruits and veggies)! Then I read about metabolic resistance. Apparently that's what I have, at least it's the only thing that makes sense, and that one way out of it is super-low carb, so I'm here. I've been LCing now for 4 days and have already gotten over that hump and hopefully it will continue to drip off. I look forward to having less pain in my life and being able to keep up with my kids! I am sad about not having fruits and veggies though. I'm a gardener for crying out loud!

Me: 5'9", female
Starting: 240lb
First Goal: 200lb
Ultimate Goal: 130lb

Thanks for reading,
Ellie

Kisal
Thu, Apr-09-09, 13:03
Welcome to the forums, Ellie! :)

zuzzan
Thu, Apr-09-09, 13:14
Welcome. Later you will add fruit and veggies back in. And you do get some veggies allready :) Enjoy those.