PDA

View Full Version : Giving this all I've got...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shayleen
Wed, Apr-03-02, 19:28
I had a brief success last year with low carb diets (Atkins and Protein Power) and then fell off the wagon. I'm determined, and I believe I've made the necessary committment in my mind to stick to it this time.

This website and forum seems like a wonderful resource and great tool, and I have a feeling it will make the difference in my success.

Looking forward to participating!

Shayleen

lesleyc
Wed, Apr-03-02, 19:39
Hi Shayleen,

Good on you for climbing back on the wagon. Great that you have stumbled upon us. You'll get heaps of information and support which will help you stick with it this time.

Lesley :wave:

LittleAnne
Fri, Apr-05-02, 12:26
Hi Shayleen and welcome to this forum.

Glad you are now back on the low carb wagon and may you have the commitment to maintain it for life.

As you indicate, this website is a great resource, and the people in the forum and a pretty friendly bunch, offering advice from their own experiences. So get browsing and get motivated.

shayleen
Fri, Apr-05-02, 12:33
Thanks, Ann and Lesley! I'm loving this website already! And I really do think the support will make a difference for me.

I'm on day four of the Induction, and so far I've lot five pounds. I'm psyched! It's the first time I can remember that I've ever gone this long without cheating.

The visualization that many of you have mentioned is a great idea. I'm finding it a bit tough to do though - picturing myself NOW thin, and not as a teenager, early 20's. I'll have to work on that one.

Anyway, hope you're all having a good day! :daze:

Shayleen

alto
Fri, Apr-05-02, 23:34
Hi, Shayleen! You're off to a great start. I'm glad you're psyched; that can make a big difference.

Before you melt away to nothing, take your measurements. Then, when you're not losing at a rate of a pound a day, but your body composition is changing, you'll have another way to measure your success, so you'll stay psyched!

Good luck on your journey. Please let us know how you're doing.