PDA

View Full Version : Back in the PP saddle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CallmeAnn
Sat, Apr-04-09, 17:52
Hi, all. I am Ann, a 48 y/o woman living SE of Houston, Tx. I am working to lose about 65 lbs for the second time in my life I was very successful in '99 and was very active on Alt.Support.Dieting -low carb which was on usenet (ASDLC). I hope there are some of those old members on here. I'll be watching for them.

I have three kids - a son, 23 and b/g twins, 17 (until July). My husband is trying to lose weight, mainly by exercising but he generally tries to watch carbs. I can't really say it's working all that well for him. He mostly avoids sweets, but starches creep in.

I have been back on track for about a month and I've lost ten or eleven pounds. That was the rate I lost at, before, so I'm comfy there. I do weigh every day but nudging up a little does not derail me. It actually makes me more careful, usually. Our scale is digital and is supposed to measure bf as well and give a BMI reading but I can't tell if it's right. I don't have any new reference clothes yet, as I am not down a full size yet.

Oh! I also keep a koi pond with water lilies. (just in case any ponders out there want to email me) and I am back in college to get a bachelor's so I can teach.
I'll stop now. I tend to get long-winded. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and helping each other.

CallmeAnn
Thu, Apr-09-09, 18:04
Bump so my sig will show. Any ASDLC old members here, other than Debbie?

Kisal
Thu, Apr-09-09, 20:21
Welcome to the forums! I wasn't a member of that usenet, but it's nice to meet you! :wave:

CallmeAnn
Fri, Apr-10-09, 09:21
Welcome to the forums! I wasn't a member of that usenet, but it's nice to meet you! :wave:
Was it during that time? What was your screen name? I was Ann in Houston.

Kisal
Fri, Apr-10-09, 12:30
Was it during that time? What was your screen name? I was Ann in Houston.No, I never belonged to that usenet. I was just saying hello and welcoming you to this forums. :wave: