PDA

View Full Version : My First Post & Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shagambo
Sat, Apr-04-09, 17:04
My name is Sam. I'm 57 years old. I'm an auto-worker from Ohio.
I began the South Beach diet 2 weeks ago and plan to continue the strict part of it for another week or two. You see, I'm suppose to lose 50lbs! Well, I am 5ft 9inches & weigh 197 lbs... so maybe I do need to shed the pounds.

A little historical regression....
I have always been thin until middle age. I was 127 lbs for most of my adolescent & young adult life. I could eat ANYTHING and not get fat.
Then I quit smoking the first time at 33. I gained 15-20 lbs. Then over the next 20 years, I gained maybe 5 or 6 pounds total. Then, to 'improve' my health I quit smoking for good in 2004. Within 3 months I gained 25 lbs! I felt disgusted & out of control because my metabolism did a 180. Now 'everything' I ate went to my waist. I became apple shaped & I am tired all the time. Some 'improvement' to my health! Being skinny my whole life, this was not mentally or emotionally acceptable.
I developed a few medical problems which my new doctor discovered. Some of it is weight related, so my Cardiologist said diet & exercise. So I now need help & support because this is an alien thing to me.