PDA

View Full Version : The day of reckoning!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

space
Thu, Apr-02-09, 14:19
Hi Everyone, didn't mean to scare you with my subject line:)

I just stepped back on the low carb (Atkins) wagon yesterday after successfully low carbing from 2004-2007. Last time around I lost 25+ pounds, but then got a consulting contract in Africa and spent 18 months there living in a hotel, EATING ROOM SERVICE THREE TIMES A DAY.

It was all fun and games until...well until I came back to my home town, put on a few more pounds over the winter and voilą! 170+.

I'm tired of being fat again, so I decided to take matters into my own stomach and start again...I can only hope that being five years older doesn't ruin my chances this time, but I am giving it my best shot.

Look forward to all the support, and hopefully will be able to offer it one day!

space
Fri, Apr-03-09, 13:47
And I also have the dubious distinction of being the only person who has introduced themselves without a recipricol hello- yikes!

dearmommy
Fri, Apr-03-09, 14:02
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Linda

Chymene
Fri, Apr-03-09, 14:05
Hey fellow Montrealer :)

I also gained quite a bit of poundage going away to work. My problem was 14 hour shift sitting in an ambulance in Alberta's oilfields...

What were you doing in Africa?

space
Fri, Apr-03-09, 16:43
Thanks to both of you for the hello! :)

Chymene: I was there on a contract to get a mobile games and ringtones into the market over there. Strangely I'd always dreamed of living in a hotel, but I was thinking more Chateau Marmont- life does have a way of surprising...

Are you a doctor or nurse?

Good thing is we are back and ready to rock. Congrats on your 6 pounds so far- I hope to follow you!

Kisal
Fri, Apr-03-09, 20:05
Hey, Space! Glad to have you with us! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I've been pretty busy today.

Why not start a journal here? It can help you stay on your plan, and it's a great way to make new friends! :wave:

Chymene
Fri, Apr-03-09, 22:31
What a cool occasion to travel abroad! I imagine it's worlds away from Chateau Marmont, but it's worlds away from Motel Chez Linda as well :)

I'm a paramedic and a nursing attendant. I'm also a nursing school drop-out. I'll get back to that soon.

I think I'm below 209 by now, I feel lighter if that makes any sense. I haven't weighed myself in a while, I try to do it once a week otherwise I go nuts.

Welcome back home, miss! You really should make a journal, I'll gladly read you. Good luck in your journey to health.

space
Sat, Apr-04-09, 07:20
Good idea about the journal- just posted first one, and look forward to looking into yours also. Have a great day everyone!