PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally here....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

akamom2
Thu, Apr-02-09, 08:21
:wave: I am new here....I started my low carb way of eating on 3/30/09. I had lost 29 lbs up to that day. I couldn't get past that 29 lb mark. So I decided I would try low carb. In 3 days I have lost 2.4 lbs. I know that I am a carb-o-holic and that it is going to take a quite awhile to squish that. But I have noticed that since I started LC that I get full faster and stay full.
I have been heavy most of my life. When I was in 3rd grade I grew 3 inches and put on 30 lbs in 2 months. The doctors said she'll grow into the weight. Well the weight just kept growing. When I was a junior in high school I lost 40 lbs and stayed there until I got pregnant. With my first pregnancy I gained 60 lbs and lost 40lbs. Then I couldn't lose no matter how hard I tried. Then I got pregnant again and gained another 60 lbs and never lost it. Then over the next 14 years I added another 40 lbs.
After 14 yrs I decided that I had had enough. It is time to lose......

FreyaAZ
Thu, Apr-02-09, 08:56
Way to go, akamom.

I'm back (started April 1) after losing 30 pounds on low carb, then adding carbs back and gaining it all back again, plus 5 more. :(

LC DOES work! Stick with it and you won't be sorry.

FreyaAZ

Kisal
Thu, Apr-02-09, 14:07
Welcome to the forums! :wave: