PDA

View Full Version : My introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SuperTink
Sun, Mar-29-09, 23:41
Hello all. I am new here and getting info about starting a LC diet. I am 28 years old and the mother of 5 kids under the age of 14. Two of my kids are biological and then three step kids, but they are all mine. I got married to my husband in August of 2008 and we had been dating for little over 4 years at that point. At that time I weighed 130lbs. I now weigh 175 and it makes me very depressed. I want to get down to 120lbs. I need all the support I can get. My husband is supportive to a point, but he is wanting to gain weight and his job is active enough he doent have to work out. I dont have any friends I can go walking with and unfortunantly it is very hard for me to find the time. I did just get a stationary bike and put it in my room to work out some and I can watch TV at the same time. I also just quit drinking sodas. I have had only 1 soda in the last week, I normally have 3-4 a day. I have been drinking Tea to keep me from getting caffine withdrawl headaches.. Ok so I guess that is enough for now. Wish me luck!
:wave: :help:

Kisal
Mon, Mar-30-09, 00:12
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! :)

All low carb plans are equally effective over the long term, so you need to choose a plan that suits your personal lifestyle and food preferences. Click here (http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/) to read brief descriptions of a few of the more popular plans. If you see one or two that you like, then visit your local library and check out the books for those plans. Read the books carefully so that you understand what is involved in following those plans. If one looks like it would work for you, then buy the book, so you can use it as a reference. (Although this site offers a lot of information, there is far more information in the actual books.) :wave:

lpioch
Mon, Mar-30-09, 09:01
We're here for support!

With 3 small kids, I found getting exercise in to be quite the challenge, too (especially in the wintertime!)
I have found to relax a bit about the exercise and let the low carbing do its thing for quite awhile.
I'm a firm believer that exercise is not necessary for weight loss, but has beneficial effects on your wellbeing.

Take one thing at a time.
Start the low carbing first.
Get good at it. Because it takes time to figure out how best to do it for you and for your family. It also takes a bit of learning to cook (at least it did for me!).

Once you feel you have the LC thing figured out, then you can tackle the exercise. By then, you'll probably be feeling more like exercising anyway and will be able to come up with something.

ONE THING AT A TIME!