PDA

View Full Version : This seems to be the onbly place I post

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SiZzLE
Wed, Apr-03-02, 10:23
Bad Me! BAD! BAD! I lost total control last night and scarfed down 3 pieces of pizza. :nono: It was SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD! :yum: ANd then, this morning, as though I hadn't learned anything from last night, I was rushing out the door and grabbed another piece for a fast b-fast on the drive to work. I was STARVING (I assume this is because of my overindulgence in carbs last night) Then, my evil boss brings in his kids easter basket full of goodies and I was forced to gobble down 3 or 4 nestle crunch easter egg thingies (yeah like someone tied my hands and forced them down my throat, huh). I feel totally miserable, not really physically, but mentally because I know I blew the diet for the week :tears: (because it will take me a few days to get back on ketosis, I know) I swear it wasn't this hard to stay away from carbs the first time I did it, this time I am having a rough time of it.

Well, theres my confession, so good for the soul. Back to low carbing :wave:

agonycat
Wed, Apr-03-02, 10:26
Okay for your punishment phase......

You must do 50 situps tonight when you get home and 50 pushups. Also a walk around the block for each egg eaten should do the trick :)

SiZzLE
Wed, Apr-03-02, 10:29
LOL, way ahead of you on the push up thing. We started doing a group push-up log here where everyone that participates does 10 push ups an hour, and not regular push ups, but using these little push up hand stand looking things that make you go down farther. MY ARMS ARE TOAST! And today is not over yet lol!

razzle
Wed, Apr-03-02, 11:45
I know it doesn't feel great, but you're just living out the theory that carbs are addictive. Once you have some carbs (or for many people, just artificial sweeteners), the cravings start...the more you give in a little, the bigger the cravings get, the more you give in a little more...and on and on and on.

At some point, a person has to go through 3-5 pretty awful days of cold turkey. (I always feel a bit like Diana Ross as Billie Holiday kicking heroin in Lady Sings the Blues) And when we feel a little cravings return, the thing to do is halt--look carefully at the last 8 hours food. It's more likely (I think) that a substance rather than something emotional causes cravings (though both are worth looking at), so ferretting out and eliminating our personal triggers is part of making this a WOL.

If it's not a "diet" but a permanent way of re-learning how to live in a world of carbs, you can't "blow it."

SiZzLE
Wed, Apr-03-02, 20:19
OK this is weird, but after all the junk I ate and the candy and everything else, I am still in ketosis. But then I am beggining to wonder if that means anything anyway, as I have not lost a single pound in about a month. Hmmmmmm :confused: