PDA

View Full Version : Hello out there!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cntrylady
Sat, Mar-28-09, 00:41
Hi Everyone:

Thank goodness for Google. That's how I found this wonderful site. I was diagnosed with Diabetes II on March 3rd. Had gone in to test for cholesterol since Dad had debilitating strokes. What a surprise to find out I was diabetic. So, cried that day, was depressed the second day, but started eating on the Doc's plan, and what a difference! :)

I'm now sleeping through the night. I've lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks and have started working out four times per week. I'm not ever hungry - what a change that is, and I have energy again.

My sugar was 128, up only two points from where my Doc wanted it, 1 yr and 4 months ago, and then when I was tested early in March, it was 213. I had had a stressful year, and the switch was turned on for diabetes. Not my Grandparents, on either side, or my Parents had the disease. What a shock.

But I find blessings in most all things in life, so now I know, I've taken control of it and I'm losing weight and feeling so much better. I knew something was amiss, but didn't know what.

I eat three meals per day, at 30 gr of carbs per meal and 15 gr per snack three times per day. I eat what I want, as long as the carbs stay within this range. I occasionally have a meal that may have 31 - 34 grams, but I adjust my snacks to allow for it.

I have read about the people who subtract the fiber from their carb count in order to get "net carbs," but I haven't done that as of yet. I'm leary of it, but some say it works for them. Some say they don't lose as much when they've done it.

One of the best things of all about this new way of eating is that I don't have cravings anymore - GodBless - and I'm not hungry between meals.

I have so much more to learn, but at least I now know what to "eat!" And I'm seeing results.

Looking forward to leaning so much more here about low carb eating and seeing everyone's success.

Lovingly,

Sleeping in Seattle

Kisal
Sat, Mar-28-09, 02:05
Welcome! :wave:

Annie1gi
Sat, Mar-28-09, 04:59
Welcome to you! Lots of ppl here with diabetes, and as a matter of fact DH does, and he eats l/c with me, and has better readings than ever since I started L/C and he eats what I eat at dinner, if nothing else.

Good luck to you!
Annie :wave:

Anniriki
Sat, Mar-28-09, 08:44
:q: Welcome CntryLady. Sounds like you have been very successful on your new diet. I have a question for you.... do you balance the carbs you eat with protein, like the way they do in The Zone diet?