PDA

View Full Version : Returning to the LC way of life

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BoatzWife
Tue, Mar-24-09, 18:49
Hi Everyone.

I lost 15 pounds on Atkins back in 2004. I ended up getting married, having a 2nd child, and falling into the Stay at Home Mom lifestyle and very easily packed on the pounds PLUS some. I have been trying to lose weight with the *cough* healthy, low fat, calorie counting way and it's NOT working. So, today I sat down and asked myself what I was doing. I KNOW I can lose weight on Atkins so why am I not going back to that and finally sticking to it?

So, here I am! I need to dig my Atkins book back out and re-read it. But, in the meantime I am writing down recipes and getting much needed motivation before heading to the dreaded grocery store!

I look forward to embarking on this journey (again) with all of you!

Tiffany

27Peach
Tue, Mar-24-09, 19:21
Hey Tiffany! I lost about 15 pounds or so in 2006, then gained it back plus a smidge, so I know about the regain! It's great that you're giving LC another go. I find it helps tremendously to remember that this is a lifestyle change and not a temporary diet. This time I won't let the weight creep back on like I did last time!

Welcome back!

gindorsey
Tue, Mar-24-09, 19:27
Welcome Tiffany!
I know what you mean. Those babies can pack on the pounds. After starting Atkins, I realized I take in more calories by licking my fingers while feeding my kids than I do off a plate. I also ate what they didn't and sleep deprivation will not help control the munchies! I wish you the best of luck!
I recommend starting a journal. The accountability has been great for me.
Gin

Kisal
Tue, Mar-24-09, 21:43
Welcome, Tiffany! It's nice to have you here! :)

xjennjennx
Wed, Mar-25-09, 03:37
Welcome Tiffany. I also found myself in the stay at home mom lifestyle and I've lost and regained the same 10 pounds several times but never fully committing myself.

Good luck to you! :wave: