PDA

View Full Version : hello everybody

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sparkles24
Sun, Mar-22-09, 16:59
hi yall.first time in one of these forum thingys.I'll give it a try,though. I am a firm believer in low carbing as I lost almost 80lbs.on Atkins and not just the weight loss amazed me but just the feeling of such well being and calmness. I had no stress. I had been maintaining for 2 yrs. and then... I decided to quit smoking and I started to gain. I have (proudly) been smoke free but have been struggling with an upward weight gain and yo yo since theni. I keep reading the books and trying to get myself motivated again but I keep caving in to sweets. I'm not so bad with breads and the majority of my eating is lower carb as i've developed a routine and the tastes of that WOE but why am i so weak ?i dont know.but maybe this will help. :help:

lil' annie
Sun, Mar-22-09, 17:04
:wave:

Welcome to the forums! :)

I gained lots of weight when I quit smoking, too - but LC should help take care of that.

lilozzi
Mon, Mar-23-09, 07:40
Keep at it, you've lost an amazing amount already!

jd girl
Mon, Mar-23-09, 08:02
welcome and way to go on stopping the smoking!! if u can do that u can LC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kisal
Mon, Mar-23-09, 08:26
Welcome! Glad to have you with us! :)

blumunz
Mon, Mar-23-09, 10:26
welcome. glad you found us :wave:

mainecyn
Mon, Mar-23-09, 10:32
Welcome to the board. I understand how difficult it can be after you have lost some of the weight to not yo-yo, many of us are in that same situation. Hope to hear that you will see some more results soon. Welcome to the group, we all offer a lot of support to each other.

sparkles24
Mon, Mar-23-09, 16:23
Its really nice to know I'm not alone in my battle. My personal battletime everyday is around 4pm when I come home with the kids in tow. They just got out of school and they want something, an after school snack. I'm plagued with "what am I gonna make for supper and what can I have now?" Will i have something safe or ....NO cant let mind even wander there.OK well i may be a little kooky but im safe today. acouple pieces of pastrami and swiss.pheww. i dodged that bullet. :cool:

lilozzi
Mon, Mar-23-09, 22:35
Can I make a suggestion? as I know it's hard when not everyone in the house is LC...

I make LC treats/snacks ahead of time. A lot of the 'sweet' treats like coconut bark, muffin in a minute etc can be made in batches and kept in the freezer for a quick snack. Post induction for these of course. Otherwise play with all the allowable foods when you get a chance and search online for some good LC recipes, there are heaps of induciton friendly options. If you can spare an hour and prep for the week there will be no temptations at 'snack attack' time!

With all the support on this forum you'll succeed, no doubts! :p

sparkles24
Tue, Mar-24-09, 15:05
that is a fantastic idea that I will have to remember on Sunday(housecleaning/baking day). I'll have to look up that coconut bark recipe.One of the things I need to keep in mind is that I am re-learning everything and I need to make compromises. The way I was eating needs to be relooked and, well, doubted. I need to make sure that i'm not eating just because of habit. thank you!

Kisal
Tue, Mar-24-09, 17:56
In addition to our own wonderful Kitchen forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2), you might want to check out Linda Sue's site (http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html) and Cleochatra's blog (http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/) for some yummy ideas! :)

Annie1gi
Tue, Mar-24-09, 17:58
Welcome and wonderful job you are doing. Hey when Kisal gets to cooking she has great recipes too........shhhh, I didn't tell you that tho.

Best of luck!!! :wave:

Annie :)