PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new here...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MtnRose
Tue, Apr-02-02, 19:34
Hello everyone,
I have been lerking here for a few days and I finally decided that I need to introduce myself. :wave:

I have been overweight since my teenage years. But the last nine years has been the worst. I have gained about 150 pounds since my marriage. My husband is wonderful, he says he loves me know matter what.

I have read the Atkins book two times along with several other books for low carbing. I am excited to start this and I will admit I am going to need alot of advice from you all. But I am determined to "start a new life".

:rose: I look forward to talking with you all.

wbahn
Tue, Apr-02-02, 19:38
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

You've found a great place for information and support. Be sure to browse the boards liberally and participate actively. Also, I highly recommend starting a journal here - they are wonderful resources.

MtnRose
Tue, Apr-02-02, 20:04
HI and thanks for the response. I see that we are not that far from each other. It is a small world. I forgot to mention that I am 33 and my name is Larree Ann. (pronounced Larry) :) I am so excited about this site!!

Ruth
Wed, Apr-03-02, 23:22
Welcome to the board.

I would echo Bill, browse & post lots. Start a journal. Check out the Hot Links thread in the Newbies Forum. Click on Low Carb Tips on the orange bar.

Low carbing works really well. I've never eaten so well as I have in the last year. Real food rather than junk food is so satisfying. Once you are through induction, check out the recipe section. It's critical that you follow induction to the letter, before adding more creative foods to your menu.

Best of luck!

alto
Fri, Apr-05-02, 23:20
Welcome, Larree Ann :wave: What a great attitude! This can be a new life for you.

There are lots of us here who've been overweight since the teen years, so you're in good company. Your husband sounds as though he will give you support, and that can only be a good thing!

Good luck, and please stop lurking and start posting so we can get to know you :)