PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon drop biscuits with Carbquik

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

haneyteach
Sun, Mar-15-09, 12:07
New to posting, but lurking for years. :wave:

I talked myself into buying Carbquik about two weeks ago, tried the cheese biscuits. They weren't bad, but had an odd, sweet taste to the bread. They were pretty good when used as sausage biscuits.

I tweaked the drop biscuit recipe on the box to create cinnamon drop biscuits (would have loved to make them cinnamon-raisin, but oh well). These turned out great! I didn't add a glaze, as they didn't need it, but may try it on a few, just to make them "special".

Oven to 350.
2 cups Carbquik
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup Davinci's. I used Vanilla.
1 TB. Siagon cinnamon. This is a strong cinnamon. If you're using regular cinnamon, you may want to increase to make sure you have a strong cinnamon taste for the biscuits.
2 tsp. Vanilla extract. (may not be needed, I just always add to sweet bake goods)

Mix in a bowl. drop and slightly shape onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

KellyMariB
Mon, Mar-16-09, 17:51
Do you know the carb count on these? they sound good.

haneyteach
Tue, Mar-17-09, 05:28
The carbquik box has the plain biscuits listed as 2 carbs each, for 15 biscuits. That would be 30 total for the carbquik. Add 1.7 for the cinnamon (found that on someone's spice listing here), and 1 carb for the davinci (same place). This would be 32.7 for the whole recipe, giving 2.18 carbs if you have 15 biscuits. They aren't big at 15, so if you only make 12, it's 2.73 carbs each.

(I'm a math teacher!) ;)