PDA

View Full Version : I lost it all, now it has crept up a bit

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sunbonnet
Fri, Feb-27-09, 13:48
Hi,
Almost six years ago I went lo-carb. I took off about 30 lbs., going from a tight size 12 to a 6.
I stayed pretty lo-carb, but this last year, esp. since fall, I am having tight clothes.:(
I am having a bit of a time getting back into the discipline that once seemed so easy. I know when the carbs are out of my systm, It will be fun again. I would love to connect with someone in the same boat or someone who haas dealt with this "place"
Happy to be here,
SunbonnetSusan

lpioch
Fri, Feb-27-09, 14:31
... Sunbonnet, meet Kimmie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=391994) ...

kimmie67
Fri, Feb-27-09, 14:37
Hi Sunbonnet and thanks lpioch. I'm in this with ya all the way. Low-Carb 4 Life!!

sunbonnet
Sat, Feb-28-09, 16:36
So nice of you two to respond to me. It really helps. and one of you is really close to goal! The other one is a lot like me (and looks a bit like me! :wave: ) I am doing well today and spoke in person with a supportive friend.
Thanks
Sunbonnet

chele59
Sat, Feb-28-09, 18:47
Hi there Sunbonnet - I'm right there with you - last year I lost 40 lbs in 4 months - gained all but 7 back - trying to get my mind right as well - WE WILL PREVAIL - WE DID IT BEFORE, WE CAN CERTAINLY DO IT AGAIN!! I know I will!! (This is a wonderful place to be as well - it helps me immensely!!)

arnie
Sat, Feb-28-09, 23:46
May I join you guys? I lost 30lbs 5 years ago and it has all crept back on and then some. I stopped paying attention and here I sit at 177lbs again. I need a safe place to buckle down and get support while I do this Health and Fitness thing again and hopefully lose weight for the last time.

lil' annie
Sun, Mar-01-09, 18:27
WHY does it seem to creep back on, so much easier than it is to lose? :)

I'd say just about everyone is in the same boat, ya know?

blumunz
Sun, Mar-01-09, 20:02
:wave: welcome and good luck

arnie
Sun, Mar-01-09, 21:27
Okay, ive cleaned the cupboards of all high carbs and dumped them at the inlaws house. I'm marking and setting up the menu for first day of low carb. Good luck everyone.

sunbonnet
Mon, Mar-02-09, 08:59
Hi, esp. Arnie & chele59,
I am so thrilled to have heard from you - you are so understanding of where I am at, too. I am doing so much better since I came to this site, and found that others are where I am.
I am going to be able to get back into it now.
Be in touch Sun Sue

kimmie67
Tue, Mar-03-09, 09:43
Could it be that I am eating too few calories? I have been way below the twenty carbs and eating vegetables mostly with my dinner, but the scales are not budging and I am still starving.

Typical Menu:
B--2 eggs scrambled with/butter, cheese, and one turkey sausage
L--Cheesesteak with mayo on low carb (3 carbs) wrap
D--Grilled Turkey cutlet with 1/2 cup mixed vegs (zuc,carrots,green beans)

Should I still be hungry?

Gabs1981
Tue, Mar-03-09, 12:15
Hey guys

i lost 35lbs 2 years ago, gained it all back and now im back again - hopefully with a view of a life plan as opposed to the quick fix i wanted before. for me it seems harder this time too

sunbonnet - looks like we are around the same weight now and both our goals are similar too - would be nice to urge each other one and keep each other on track!! i am looking to get to my goal by the summer!! i am hoping my body adjusts soon and the lbs start falling off again as they did before

good luck with your journey everyone x