PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

starbrite1
Thu, Feb-26-09, 20:19
I started LC about a month ago.I had been on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and that seemed to trigger things to the point that I am thinking I have candida....so I have a lot of? This site has already answered many of them!! I am also trying to lose weight. I think this will help me to stay on it.
Thank-you!!!

Kisal
Thu, Feb-26-09, 20:41
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

lil' annie
Fri, Feb-27-09, 09:33
I started LC about a month ago.I had been on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and that seemed to trigger things to the point that I am thinking I have candida....so I have a lot of? This site has already answered many of them!! I am also trying to lose weight. I think this will help me to stay on it.
Thank-you!!!

There is a forum dedicated to discussions about candida and IBS, which is located here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=77

Many people who have a history of sinus infections seek BIG relief very FAST through the use of neti pots. Neil Med has a small neti pot, VERY easy to use, and available in drugstores all across the nation. Be sure to read the enclosed instructions.

Also, you might want to do some searches on google about sinus infections. Some years ago, the Mayo Clinic presented research that almost all sinus infections are FUNGAL in nature, and thus antibiotics shouldn't be prescribed.

Sinus infections are often due to biofilms, and these are really difficult to treat --- evidentally, lots of researchers are trying to be the first to develop a FUNGACIDE solution to rinse the nasal passages with, but so far, no one has succeeded.

Good luck with LC-ing!

mom2s
Fri, Feb-27-09, 10:58
Hello and welcome! I had the same infection! Just last week, I was in bed rest because I was really sick. It started on the 15th (after being on atkins for 1 week) and I just came back to work on Monday. I was really sick with high fever and really bad body ache. I decided to go to the doctor 3 days later and I was told I had a nasal infection and was given antibiotics, but only for 7 days and a nasal spray. I feel A LOT better today. All I have left is this cough that I can't get rid off. Due to that, I wasnt able to cook, so I had to eat whatever my hubby cooked for us and I fell of the wagon. I will restart this Sunday.

lil' annie
Fri, Feb-27-09, 11:06
Say... that COUGH you can't get rid of? Have you been tested for strep? Better check with your doc, and be sure to inform your doc about the cough -- it COULD be dangerous -- like "walking pneumonia," when you believe you feel better, but actually are still very ill. Untreated, it could malinger for a very long time.

blumunz
Fri, Feb-27-09, 13:07
good luck and welcome. Glad you are feeling better